Under a Full Moon and the Golem Tree-parts 1--4

Central Scrutinizer

Under A Full Moon and the Golem Tree--Completed

--parts 1 thru 4

Part 1

Nights in the village are usually the time when everyone gets together to eat and chat and visit around the neighborhood with their friends and relatives. It's a communal thing. Different houses and shops around the village are, or seem to me anyway, the "IN" places to hang about. Each family group and their friends has their spot for this gathering of kindred souls. Ours is Sis 2's "shop", next to the wife and mine's and her mother's houses. (For you guys who went to our wedding it is the little shack to the right of the band stand if you were facing the band and the street.)

Sis 2 has a little wooden shack with a front roofed area, the roof extending about twice the depth of her shop in front of the place, where she has the ubiquitous bamboo lounge platform where women of the family sit and chat as they prepare different foods for the evening meal. Friends and neighbors stop by often and chatter away about whatever it is they chatter about. Day and night. Mostly to gossip about who has a mia noi, who is a mia noi, who's fucking who, who's gonna kill who if they catch them fucking whomever, who got drunk and beat up their wife this week, how bad a beating he gave her, and how she also was drunk, who got a job in Surin or Bangkok or Pattaya or where ever, who's pregnant, who had their baby, Thai politics, (Never world topics, as for most village Thais there is little of consequence happening outside of Thailand from what I've seen for the most part.) Although to be fair and honest I must add that when I was there just after the 9/11 WTC terrorist attacks many of the villagers came up to me and told me how sorry they were to hear of this tragedy. They all know I'm American.

I was touched to see this, and realized later that I must be seen as part of the village community for them to be concerned about it as much as they seemed to be. Just my take on this. (But then I'm not as cynical as some.) More gossip on the upcoming Thai holidays, or elections, or what the stupid village Boss has done, or not done usually, lately, what the hell that crazy farang Cent has been up to, etc., etc. It's basically gossip central at Sis 2's shop. As it probably is at most of the other gathering spots around the village. (And most places around the world where people, especially women, gather to shoot the breeze.) Sis 2 sells a lot of goods too during all this.

In Sis 2's shop I've seen it's fairly common for whichever girl is "in the dough" ("has some money" for you non-Yanks) at the moment to spring for a bottle or two of beer Chang for the gals to sip on as they chatter away. This can start fairly early in the day too, especially if there was a party the evening before and they are all a bit "overhang" as my wife confusedly calls it in English. A little "hair of the dog" as it were this seems. I try to avoid going over there on these mornings as the old bats always try to suck me into getting a glow on with them, which can be a dangerous thing, and will usually end up with me springing for a box of beer Chang, or even a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black if things get out of hand.

When I'm there in the village for a few days or longer with a pick-up truck I usually get roped into making a run for shop supplies for Sis 2's place once a week or so. To a town named Sang Kha I think it is. Something like that anyway is the name. (Sang Krat, Sang klaht, Sang something??)

Why the hell they always ask me to do this in the late evening is a mystery to me. If they'd ask me earlier in the day I'd go in the afternoon to get this done. But for some fucking reason this always seems to need doing at like 6 a.m. in the goddamned morning!!

Thais have weird shop hours a lot of the time up country I've noticed. (Also just about everywhere else in the country too) Some shops and markets open very early in the morning and are closed by the afternoon. And some are only open on certain days too. It's an odd way to do business to a farangs mind. I think a lot has to do with resupplying the shops with goods. They close up, take a truck somewhere to buy more goods, restock the shop when they get back, then open the doors until they have sold everything. Then repeat the cycle.

Someone with a few trucks/lorries and drivers, and some business sense, could probably make a fortune doing this pick-up and delivery of stock for the merchants I think. At least that what I've seen and thought. Maybe I'm missing something?

Although these shopping supply runs can be a bit of a pain in the ass, especially the early wake-up call, they also come with some perks. In this town I have seen the most beautiful young ladies I've ever seen in Thailand, anywhere!! The eye candy is premium!! These lasses do like to flirt, although subtle-like, and a single white guy with some moxie could probably do quite well for himself if he lived in the area and spoke some Thai.

So I usually don't bitch and moan too much once I'm awake and showered and on the road for the trip to town. It's kinda like going to a shopping mall stateside to scope out the chicks. And boy are there some stunners there!

Oh, they aren't all dolled up and dressed to kill or anything like that. They are working in Papa's or Momma's shop doing a day's work and all that. But even dressed in work rags some of these gals are absolutely gorgeous! In a "girl next door" type of way sortaa. Very sexy this is. Absolutely lovely some of these lasses are!!

I had noticed earlier on this trip a funky little tin bucket thingy just sitting by the Surin house one day while I was cleaning up the front yard. It's a tin bucket, kinda like the ones we used to use to scrub our clothes with when I was in boot camp in the Navy. Some of you fellas might remember this shit. A bucket and a scrub brush and a small packet of laundry degergent powder was how we cleaned our uniforms and scivvies back then. And the C.C. (Company Commander) wanted those whites fucking sparkling WHITE too! Fucking lifer maniacs!!

Well, this bucket kinda reminded of that goddamned wash bucket from boot camp. (A memory not wanting nor needing recalling either. God I hated wash day in boot camp!) But this bucket was thickly lined with a pottery type of fired reddish clay stuff. Like a clay flower pot sorta stuff it was. The top of this lining has a platform filled with holes about the size of ones little finger in diameter. Under, on the bottom on the side, was a square hole cut through both the tin bucket and the clay lining. It looked to be some sort of Hibachi or grill. The clay lining on this particular one was broken.

I asked Sis what the hell it was. She explained to me, and it was exactly what I thought, a Thai charcoal grill!! "Hey, what the hell? How come we haven't had a barbeque with this baby? I love to barbeque!!" I said. "Broke." says Sis. "Yeah, I see. So what the hell are you keeping it for?" I questioned. "Not know why, just do." says Sis sagely. Sigh. Must be a Bhudda thang. Sometimes, times like this, I truly wonder about the Thais. I asked Sis, "Well, can I throw this one in the trash?" I got the standard reply to foolish falang questions, "Okay. Up to you." I tried to refrain from pulling my hair out of my head in frustration.

"Okay, I shall toss this trash away Sis. By the by, how much do one of these little exotic beauties cost anyway?" I asked her, while chucking the thing in the trash bin. I believe her answer was "70 baht". Well that's cheap enough. "Where can we buy one of these Sis? I'd like to replace this one with a brand spanking new model. I love to barbeque!!" I exclaimed.

She told we could get them even cheaper if we bought one in Sang Kha later when we went on our impending re-supply run for Sis 2's shop in a couple of days. Of course! Now, why hadn't I known this would be the case? Everything is cheaper where I need to go to buy family stuff in Isaan at 5 friggin' A. damned M. in the morning it seems. "Hmmmmm. How much cheaper can they possibly be dear Sis?" I wondered in amazement to her smiling pug face. "Oh, maybe have for 50/60 baht in Sang Kha!!" she chirped happily. We decided we'd buy one for the Surin house, one for the village house, and, of course, one for Mama also, as hers was kind of beat too. So, for a whopping 150 to 180 baht it was quite possible for me to puchase THREE of these wonderfully primitive Thai versions of the venerable Burger Grill!! Such a deal!

After some questioning and badgering on my part she showed me how this marvel of technology was fired up and used to char some buffalo meat, or whatever they'd be cooking on this thing. You buy a heaping plastic bag full of some sorta greasewood type of kindling of finely spilt slivers. This is to start your fire. Cost was, I don't remember really, but like 3 baht, 5 baht, something around that neighborhood.

Then you need a bag or two of charcoal. Another 3 to 5 baht maybe for a hulking plastic bag full of this stuff. This was the real McCoy of charcoal too! It looked like a bag full of the ashes and cold coals left over from a house fire, or maybe a lightning struck burnt up tree's remains from the looks of the charcoal once I finally saw some. Sis had a small bag of some left over from the last barbeque, the one that killed the last grill. None of that Bickford charcoal brick-ettes in a charming blue and white paper bag!! No need for lighter fluid either. This stuff was ready to burn baby!!

So a few days after I arrived in the village, a couple days after my fine fun filled day of fishing in the rice field pond, I woke my now molting snake head man ass up at some ungodly hour and we prepared to head out for a supply run. And to buy us some new grills for some future jammin' barbeque parties.

If I didn't fall asleep at the wheel of the pick-up truck and kill myself it might be a fun day's outing.

"Yes look sow. Papa will be sure to remember to pick up some of those delicious fried bugs for you while out and about today in Sang Kha, or where ever the hell I'm going. What the heck are you doing up so early for anyway dear? Yawn. Now move away from the hong nam door honey so Papa can take a pee will ya please? Yes. I promise. 3 bags. I know. One of grubs. One of grasshoppers. One of those big-arse cockroach looking things too. Yep. No problem.

Move girl. I gotta go!!

-------------------------------

"A mill and a woman are always in want of something."

Proverb

-------------------------------                          

Part 2

Sis and I gathered our stuff for the trip to town and piled into the truck. We were both a bit groggy yet, our hair still wet from our showers, mumbling our goodbyes to my wife and daughter, and Sis 2, who had brought Sis a list of needed supplies for us to pick up. I told Sis to not forget to remind me to pick up the requested fried bugs for my daughter. I have a tendency to be forgetful. Especially in the early morning when I am still not fully awake really.

I've always been more of an afternoon/night time person. She said we would not forget. I told her if she did forget I'd blame her to look sow if I caught any crap about it. She laughed and whacked me a "dope slop salai" on the forehead as I fired up the truck. I turned on the windshield wipers to scrape off the thick morning dew. It was a bit chilly this morning. My nipples were erect from the cold dawn air. Sexy man!! (I know this is something you all needed and wanted to hear!) There'd be plenty of eye candy with their "high beams" on, poking through the thin fabric of their blouses on this chilly morning at the market. The thought cheered me, and I perked up somewhat, and actually opened my eyes fully for the first time this morning.

Off we went into the Isaan countryside to battle the sub par roads, and face the challenges thrown down by crazy ass driving Somchai and his mental buddies, who would be cruising the hi-ways and by-ways with little thought for driver safety, speed limits, and who might be in their path over the next rise as they pass a slow moving truck at 180 kph in their freshly washed, gleaming, chromed, and still mortgaged to the hilt, 2001 Toyota Tiger extended cab, keepin' up with the Joneses, and appearances, rocket ship of a pick-up truck. I hate these assholes! I'd soon be frightened to full alertness and palpitating heart by their road warrior antics. Never fails.

In the rice fields along the roads we traveled, as the sun peeked the top of it's fiery bald head over the eastern countryside horizon, lay a foggy mist, which seems to have a life of its own. A ghostly ectoplasm this seems, which covers the fields, and swirls and moves as though something evil and unseen is walking the land under its cover, stirring its shroud into movement. It's a bit creepy. It moves about even when no discernible breeze is present, like waves on a seashore it undulates and billows about the landscape.

In the water filled gullies along the sides of the road can be seen beautiful water lillies of gorgeous hues and colors of pinks and purples, brilliant yellows, and glaring whites. Some, the pink and purple ones mostly, only open in the early morning dewy air, slowly closing once the rays of the sun touch their waxen petals. Nymphaea Lotus is the Latin name the botanists have dubbed these beautiful flowers.

Also dotting the countryside and fields can be seen all sorts of colorful water plants in these gullies by the roadsides. Their names as delightful as the plants themselves. Nymphoides, Water Snowflake, Water Dropwort, Monochoria or Pickerel Weed, with its small purple flowers, Duck Weed, Buffalo Grass, Neptunia Oleracea, with its yellow flowers speckled amongst spreading green leafs on the water's surface, Spider Lily, Water Morning Glory, Water Primrose, Water Wisteria, Frog Bit, Crinum Lily, Alligator Weed, Water Velvet, and on and on.

The Isaan countryside is a beautiful carpet of colors and shades of greens and browns, with the flowers mixing their sweet odor into a heady perfume which teases the nose and fills one's lungs with the most pleasing of scents as you drive the early morning sois with your windows down. Sunrise really is the most pleasant time of day to be out and about in Isaan. Too bad it comes so early in the day!

Sis and I made good time along the mostly deserted roads and soon arrived at our destination.

As per the usual I was needed mostly only for my safe and expert driving skills, and maybe some baht for my own wanted purchases. Once we've arrived we usually park in a corner of the market by an old and dilapidated carousel, still in use, though the wooden and faded paint hobby horses look as though they might one day easily escape the confines of their poles and gallop off into surrounding fields with frightened Thai lasses and lads clinging on for dear life. It's just one of the five or ten "rides" in this little carnival in the dirt and trash at the edge of the market area. None of which I would trust my life to ride on, or a child of my own's life.

Sis gathered her purse and baht, with the list from Sis 2 clutched in her chubby fist, and exited the truck to start her bartering with the wily natives of the many shops and stalls in the mass of confusion and early morning muted cacophony of the outdoor market. She is the expert purchasing agent of the family.

I am but the lowly truck driver, who could now kick back and relax, maybe grabbing a bit of a nap while Sis did her thing, so as to be bright eyed and bushy tailed, and alert, for the coming dangerous drive back to the village later on, with a truck bed full to the brim of the day's shopping.

I grabbed my baseball cap and lowered it partially over my face after laying back my seat to its fullest reclining position. Lighting a smoke I gazed about my parking slot and checked out the nearby eye candy available.

To my left was parked a few of those colorful and gaudily painted old Thai trucks that look somewhat like Army trucks from an old John Wayne WW2 war movie. You know, the troop transport trucks, two and a half tons I think, with the canvas covers like an old Conestoga (sic?) prairie wagon covering the back. As I sat there a cute lass poked her head from under the back canvas flap of one of these trucks.

"Hmmmmm, I might have to stay awake for a while here to check this lass out." I think to myself.

-------------------------------------

"A beautiful woman is the "hell" of the soul, the "purgatory" of the purse, and the "paradise" of the eyes."

Fontenelle

---------------------------------------

Part 3

As I sat there and watched this girl, maybe 18 or 19 years old, came out of the back of the truck. She tied back the canvas flaps and started to prepare herself for the forthcoming day. She had been sleeping inside the back of the truck, like a beautiful Asian gypsy, it was her mobile home, her place of work, her kitchen, her bedroom. You see these people a lot in rural Thailand. Especially around the big market areas. Truck gypsies I call them. Maybe these are the ones who have the business sense to run the re-supply routes for the different shops in the area. Obviously there must be some reason they hang around these areas. Seeking some sort of work or job they can do with their trucks. You can see the men sleeping in the shade under their trucks during the heat of the day. Usually with a piece of cardboard as their mattress. Amazing Thailand indeed.

Here I sat and watched like some kind of voyeur (the horny kind actually) as she brushed her teeth with a yellow toothbrush and a small bottle of water. Spitting off the end of the truck into the dirt, when finished brushing and rinsing her mouth with the water, she then readied her fresh clothing for the day and, grabbing a threadbare green towel, she jumped off the end of the truck and headed away. Somewhere nearby there must be a communal shower she could use I guessed. Lord, would I love to be a fly on that wall!

I watched as she passed by the front of my pick-up. Her sleep tousled hair was almost waist length, and very beautiful, even if still unbrushed. Actually I prefer the wild tousled look in a woman's lengthy hair, and I love very long hair. Turns me on for some reason. (My wife has hair like this, but she always wants to go to the hair dresser and have it smoothed and trimmed. Which I always try to discourage her from doing! Thai women, Isaan women to be exact, are too easily influenced by the stupid soap operas they watch and the Thai "standard of beauty" these portray. They emulate the Bangkokian Thai look too much. They, the Lao and Khmer lasses, are beautiful in their own right, and really have no reason to do this, in my eyes at least.) This lass was an amazing creature to behold.

Her skin was a glossy dark goden silky covering on a small muscular frame. "Nice tits!" I thought to myself, getting a bit excited as I followed her with my eyes. God, she was lovely! She strode past like a lithe panther, her taut butt moving in a wholly natural sway under the fabric of her jeans. She was hot!

"Jeeeeeeezzzzzuuuuussss Chrrrrriiiissstt!" I muttered, watching her walk away. I lit another smoke and decided to wait to see her again, as she would walk toward me as she returned from her shower, and I could get a better look at her face. My earlier grumpiness at the early morning trip had all but vanished. My hobby of girl watching was being indulged, and this one lady was a primo one to watch.

I waited for her return as I cast about the area to see if there was someone else to engage my interest while I waited. Oh yeah! Right over there, by the noodle shop. Another cutie! Ahhhhh! God was being nice to me today. I adjusted my seat back to an almost upright position and moved my cap off my brow to a better advantage for viewing the cuties around me this morning. It was turning into a nice day after all. After ten minutes or so my neck was getting sore from all the swiveling back and forth looking at all the cute eye candy around. Whoa. Look at that one! Wow! And that one, and this one, and ohmigod look at this, and jeez she's cute, yeah, she's a looker, and, I almost missed my Khmer beauty's return, but luckily caught her out of my perifial vision as I gazed around at the other pretty ladies.

"Oh my Christ!" I mumbled as she strode into view. She was a goddess. Khmer likely, with a pretty face like a living breathing bas relief sculpture on a temple wall of the Angkor Wat. A dancing girl's lissome body, but with the meat a man can appreciate in all the right areas, and flashing black almond shaped eyes, a little button nose, and eyebrows arched and thin and perfect. Her delicate well shaped ears were delectible, and needing to be licked and kissed it seemed to me in my dirty thoughts.

She was dressed in her fresh clothes and had her wet hair wrapped up under the towel she had brought with her. She noticed my star struck gaze and our eyes locked for an instant. My new love flashed a quick brilliant smile in recognition of my obviously appreciative ogling, (I think my jaw was hanging down to my chest.) and as she broke our brief eye contact her smile slipped to a smug grin as the natural sway of her hips took on a more pronounced wiggle and waved goodbye to me. She was gorgeous, and yeah, she knew it. More power to her. If I was twenty years younger, and not a married man, I would have tried my damnedest to strike up a conversation with her, I swear.

I lifted my face toward heaven and silently thanked God for giving me the eyes to see the beauty of his awesome creation of this gorgeous creature. He can truly work miracles. I had just had the pleasure of witnessing one of his angels walking the earth. Thanks God. Good job that one!!

The angel climbed into the back of her truck house and, much to my pleasure, took the towel off her hair and started to brush it dry. Ah Christ! Be still my beating thundering heart! Another thing that really gets me going. Watching a lovely lass with long sexy hair brushing it out. What the hell? I was hypnotized, and couldn't take my eyes off her. I was in heaven. Ooooooooohhhhhh maaaaamaaaaaaa! Yeah baby, brush that pretty hair.

Godzilla was acting up, and I had to adjust him in his cotton cage.

I felt the truck rock and noticed Sis and another Thai woman putting something into the back of the truck as I glanced in the rearview mirror. She came over to my window and said, "Okay. We go buy barbeque you like!" Rats! Lousy timing Sis, dammit! "Uh, yeah, okay Sis." I said, and climbed from the truck after another stealthy adjustment of Godzilla. I glanced at my angel. She had her hair back over her shoulders now and was still brushing it, her firm breasts pushing the fabric of her tight t-shirt blouse to its limit of stretchiness. She caught my look and grinned a sly and confident grin. Yeah honey. You know exactly what you were doing, don't you? Hahaha! Thanks sexy lady. Later.

I shrugged my shoulders and cracked my neck to loosen up my sore neck muscles a bit from all that marathon girl watching. Sis caught this and said, "You okay?" I laughed and muttered, "Yeah. I think I got a cramp from sleeping in the truck seat."

She gave me a look and a smirk and said, "Okay, we go." Fucking woman misses nothing.

Off we went to buy my new barbeques.

------------------------------

"If eyes were made for seeing,

Then Beauty is its own excuse for being."

Ralph Waldo Emerson,

The Rhodora

--------------------------------

Part 4

Sis brought me through the maze of collected merchants, merch-enchantresses, and aromas of the collection of wares of every kind possible to be haggled over in the market. We came to the old gent who sells the barbeques and looked through his stuff, checking to make sure we didn't grab a cracked or loose product. The clay linings on these barbeque buckets seem to be held in place in the tin buckets with a blackish cement which looks suspiciously like the cement used in air tight wood stoves and their chimneys, which I find a bit disturbing, as I believe that stuff has asbestos in it, and doubt I'd care to ingest any while cooking my chicken wings. I thrust this thought from my mind and we purchased three of the things. If the pack a day, for thirty-five years, cigarette smoking doesn't kill me I guess the village barbeque just might do the trick. Fuck it.

We dragged the buckets back to the truck and gently placed them in the back of the pick-up. I surreptitiously glanced to where my long haired Angel had been previously, but she seemed to be off somewhere. Probably out getting her breakfast at one of the noodle stands. Sis jumped into the truck and motioned for me to do the same.

This part is where I usually get to watch some eye candy while they work, as I sit in the truck and sip an early morning well deserved cold beer Chang. Sis had gone around the area ordering all the stuff she needed for Sis 2's shop. Now we would drive to each shop and have them load the goods into the truck, then drive up to the next place, and so on until finished. First stop, the Lao Kao/Beer Chang shop!

I drove to where Sis pointed and parked in front of the shop. Here there is one delicious little nearly ripe piece of eye candy working for her Pops in the shop. She is young, too young for anything but fantasizing, maybe 15 or 16, but still legal to look at anyway. She is very cute, and will be a knockout in a couple more years. Although her hair is too damned short to let her qualify for "angel-hood". She is shy, but curious I think. The farang is such a curiosity here in the boondocks of Isaan. I've only ever seen one other farang in this town. A young guy on a bicycle. Maybe the local English language teacher?

Which reminds me, I intend to bring my U.S.A. made Trek 21 speed mountain bike over with me next trip. I haven't seen any truly decent bikes in the Surin or village area for sale, mostly made in China crap, and would like to start having a ride every morning on the better weather days, when it's not too blazing hot, or pouring rain. I think this could be fun and interesting exercise. I've always loved how you seem to see so much more while bike riding rather then automobile driving. Gets you closer to nature, and the eye candy, and as you don't zoom by so quickly you can easily stop if something catches your eye, to watch as you swig from your water bottle, or just pretend to adjust something on the bike. Like I said, bike riding brings one closer to...ahem.....nature. And I just love nature and its natural beauty!

Plus I could use the exercise in Thailand. I'm also wondering if I could take apart my Bowflex weight machine and box it up and get it through, and past, customs and the customs guys without attracting their unwanted attention and customs fees.

This Bowflex machine is fairly light, portable, collapsible, and would be easy to throw in the back of the pick-up and lug to either the Surin rental house, or up to the village house when I say there. Plus it folds up easy and doesn't take much/hardly any space in a room once folded up away. A good way to work out on rainy days, or on the hot ones with a fan blowing on you as you work out. Mine has the leg extension attachment too. I need to exercise and do my therapy for my back, and can't see going to a gym every day for this. (Plus there is no gym near the village. Nor one in Surin from what I've seen so far for that matter.) Maybe I'll try this once I get the bike over on the next trip.

As I sat in the truck the semi-angel and her father and Sis started to bring out the boxes of Lao Kao and Beer Chang and pile it into the bed of the truck. I've offered to help with this before, but Sis said to just stay out of the way and relax. So I just sat there, sipping a beer, and watched my little eye candy strut, bend, flex, and lift, sometimes getting a glimpse of nubile young flesh as her shirt rode up her back. Yeah, life is tough. I can handle it though guys.

We do this at each shop and then usually head to a place nearby to have some breakfast.

After eating Sis and I blast back to the village to deliver the supplies.

One thing of note is that up country it is common to just park your pick-up anywhere, with thousands of baht worth of merchandise in the back, and just walk away to where ever you want. At first I brought up the possibility of theft at leaving everything just sitting there unguarded, quite a few times I did. (Actually have done this with all my luggage and stuff in the back while going to eat somewhere while waiting for the bus or train to Bangkok in Surin many times.) Each time I was pooh-poohed and told not to worry about it by wife and Sis. "No one take." they say. And never has anything been taken. No matter how long we were away from the truck, or where we went out of sight of it. Amazing Thailand.

Here in the states there probably wouldn't be a friggin' thing left in the truck when you returned. Buddha's influence is great and all seeing I guess! I'm still leery though at this, and waiting to have something turn up missing so I can say "I told ya so dammit! Goddamned thievin' Buddhists are everywhere!" :-) Just jokin' all you practicing Buddhists out there! Remember, non-violence is next to Godliness, okay?

Once back in the village, and having the truck unpacked and stuff put away, including my beer Changs in the fridge, with one in the freezer for certain future use of a fairly immediate nature, I went into the hong nam and showered. Girl watching is a hot and sweaty business you know!

Afterward I grabbed my now chilled beer Chang out of the freezer, grabbed whichever book I was working on reading, and sat outside on the porch for a while relaxing and sipping on my beer. Exhausting stuff I know!

Later the wife came back from chattering with the ladies at Sis 2's shop and prepared some lunch and we all ate.

That particular day we had planned to go out and visit a few ruins in the area after eating lunch. Don't ask me now for the names of all these interesting little Khmer ruins and temples and such, but if enough of you are interested and ask nicely I will make up a list of these places with their names and locations and some directions next month when I'm back over, for those who might like to check them out. Some interesting places you can see in a few hours are in the area. Not the major tourist ones, which are cool too, but, these are smaller places I ran across and/or hunted down.

I'm notorious for seeing something interesting while out driving about the countryside, and just pulling over and checking out the places. Or asking about the place and writing down the info to go check it out at some future date when having more time.

That afternoon we went to a few places that I had noticed on the board of the tour guide desk at the Thong Tarin Hotel lobby after breakfast one morning. I grabbed some info and directions then that morning, and today was the day we were going to spend some time looking them over and gallivanting about the countryside.

I mean, what the hell, you can't just sit 'round eating and drinking beers all day can you? You can? I didn't know that! I'll try it next time. Plus, while in the village, it is a chore to talk the lass into an afternoon boom boom session. (Not a problem in Surin, just a village thing.)

Seems it's not done, all the neighbors will talk, "They think me Kii Kiet "lazy" and mi dee "no good" if do!" she whines, while trying to avoid my clutches. To which I sometimes have to reply, "Fuck the neighbors! They're just pissed off they ain't getting laid too! Tell 'em all I said 'fuck off you nosy twats'!" Or just tell them all it's a falang thing, this sex in the afternoon thing. We falang get sick and die if we don't do!" :-) Which gets her laughing and saying, "Okay, I tell evvybody falang get sick, die, no boom boom."

God knows a lot of them think all falang are oversexed ATM's without a sense of decency and/or any redeeming social qualities or morals. Use this to you advantage I say! Yep! I'm just a crazy, rich, (yeah right) horny, farang! What's wrong with that? Bend over honey.

Problem is when I grab her and throw her over my shoulder and go into the bedroom and toss her on the bed she starts screaming and yelling and laughing like a loon. Well, that's guaranteed to let all the goddamned neighbors know what the hell we're up to you silly woman.

Pipe down, and take those damn clothes

off darling! Your husband is horny!

(to be continued)

Cent

(The Central Scrutinizer)

-----------------------------------

"Give me your love for a day, a night,

an hour; (Maybe in the afternoon too)

If the wages of sin are Death

I am willing to pay.

(Not more than

1,000 baht long time though)"

Laurence Hope,

The Complete Love Lyrics

Inserts in parenthesis by Cent! :-)

---------------------------------

Hi Cent:

Glad to see some more stories from you. It's been a long drought. I read these ones again to refresh my memory.

I still say that I want to offer my services to drive Sis to Sang Kha. Hell, I might even pay to drive her there.

Handy

Handy,

Hi. Been busy lately and haven't been on the board as much as usual. Glad you enjoyed the, finally, finished story. I'm doing a few more of the village life stories, then I want to work on the fictional stuff, and to finish a rewrite for the "Butterflies Are Free to Fly" story, which I never finished because I wasn't liking the way it was going and I wanted to rethink the storyline and change it about some more before finishing it.

Hey, maybe someday you can come along for a ride to Sang Kha with Sis and I. (Khat Klat kraT WHATEVER THE HELL IT'S CALLED) We'll sip a few beers and watch the ladies stroll by! :-)

Cent

Archived