Under a Full Moon and the Golem Tree-9 & 10-End

Central Scrutinizer

• 4 weeks later...

Pasathai,

Well, do you know many of these "folk' stories/tales? I'd be interested, as I think would some others coming to this section, to hear/read a few if you'd be so kind to post them hear for our amusement and education. I've heard from a friend these have a name, that escapes me at the moment, and some if not most are used as cautionary stories for the kids, or as "parables" showing a moral road one should travel in life to be a good Buddhist/Thai. I'd be interested in hearing any you know. I've searched the internet for these but only found a couple. Hard to find much about Thai witch-craft, superstitions, fables, folk tales, etc. Found more Lao and Burmese than Thai. I'm more interested in the Thai at the moment, although a lot of the Lao ones are common also in Isaan areas.

Cent

kamui,

Thanks for the url. Sorry for the late reply. Lots todo lately, and Father is in the hospital, plus there has been lots of lawyer/work/insurance and other related stuff keeping me busylatel. I'm trying to catch up on all the threads where I hadn't replied to posts addressed to me. Sorry for the delay.

Cent

Searcher,

Thanks. Glad you liked the story. As you say, yeah, we are all searching for our own Golem Tree to some extent, each in our own way. The place that touches our soul and brings us back to when we were comfortable and happy, and well, young and carefree. I guess you could say I've found my Golem Tree for the time being. I do enjoy it there in the village.

Sorry for the late reply. As I explained to a couple of the guys this last month or so I've been really busy and haven't been able to keep up with the board posts and replies as much as I'd like to.

Thanks Searcher.

Cent

Archived