Songs of the Dead

Central Scrutinizer

Hi Cent,

I should be leaving this Monday for Bangkok. Not 100% sure, but it looks like a go!

Well I hope you made it across safe and sound. If you arrived ok then enjoy your stay and don't forget to make plenty of notes for more postings here.

If you do get hold of the CDs and they are as you would hope then I for one would be grateful for the titles / artists / phonetic translations etc.

Be lucky and enjoy.

D

Dapper,

Things got wacky. Buddy passes fell through for the 6th, and the pass privileges on NWA have changed dramatically! Figures. Just when I was going to start using them extensively. Now have tickets for the 17th, arrive 18th late night on United. Had to pay full fare dammit!!

Will see what I can find for the cd's and music. And post here. Thanks for your well wishes. I'll be writing notes and stories while there, but won't be posting hardly at all for the next couple of months.

Later Dapper.

Cent

• 4 weeks later...

Mike;

Just got around to reading Songs of the Dead. I also have heard them and they are haunting, aren't they? Even though the Thai's use a different tonal scale than we do in the west, the Death Songs sort of crawl up your spine like the fingers of my wife when she is a particularly affectionate mood. Shivers all over.

Having been on the receiving end of some of "THOSE LOOKS" from May, I can relate to those that your lass gives you. I have two favorites. One where she sort of gives me a half smile with her eyes slightly closed and then reaches out and touches me somewhere. One look, one gentle touch and a million words pass unspoken between us. All is well with the world and I am in paradise.

Then there is the other look, also good. One eyebrow goes upslightly and a silly gleam comes into her eyeballs, then she sticks her tongue out at me, just the tip. That usually evolves into a bit of slap and tickle grabass. Ah, to be married to an intelligent woman with a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at herself.

The worst look is really no look at all, but a turning of the back, a slight hunching of the shoulders, and quiet, dreaded still quiet that you can cut with a dull knife. That is when I apologise immediately. I know that I am as guilty as sin and had better correct it. I may not know what I have done, but mere details like that can be sorted out later.

Of course, the Little Fireball takes after her mother except that her face is more expressive, if possible. Talk about being wrapped around the little finger of two lovely ladies. Hell, I'm putty in their hands. Love it!!!! ::

Hope to see you in the late May, early June timeframe. We are considering flying to Thailand first, then back to the Philippines and a 10th anniversary renewal of vows. Honeymoon first, wedding later...heh, I love it!!! :hubba:

Glad that your Dad is doing well. He will be in our prayers.

Give our love to the luk now and your wonderfully patient lass. She is a gem. Truth is, you, I and Rick have done better than we deserve. :applause:

Sarge

Archived