Buriram region?

camerashy

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I'll try here.

Has anyone been to, or stayed long time in the Buriram/ Nong Rong area? If so, what is the area there like as far as numbers of other farangs, transport and communication, and liveability generally? Are the locals there usually accepting of foreigners moving in amongst them?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Just was there 3 weeks ago and you can read the report on the stickmanbangkok site. But to sum it up

Rural buriram is very very rural and I would not be able to last there more than a few weeks, I would miss "my comforts."

Buriram town is another story. just like most provincal towns and has many things that are needed to support the town

Of the Farangs I met, most had far better thai than I did, and were good with the culture and accepted by most people but will always be an outsider.

Transportion around Buriram is very difficult if you dont like motorbikes as I do.. Few tuk tuks though but quite a wait.. The buses schedule out of buriram is fine.

I supose that you're refering to Nang Rong. I have a house 30 minutes far from there and I go there sometimes. There are no much farangs on that area but the area is definitively liveable. In fact Nang Rong is a 'paradise' comparing with the place I have the house.

Good luck.

Archived