Do Thais have mid-life crisis?

Zaad

I believe this mostly happens to men between their 30's - 40's who live a stressful life in farangland.

However, life seems to go a bit slower in Thailand but certainly not stressfree for all of us.

How does one get in such a crisis besides living a stressful life? Unhappy relationship / marriage, health problems (mental malfuction), financial problems, bored of life etc. or maybe a combination of these factors?

Can Thais fall into a mid-life crisis or does LOS just have enough opportunities, solutions and sanuk for the 'stressed'?

"Can Thais fall into a mid-life crisis or does LOS just have enough opportunities, solutions and sanuk for the 'stressed'?"

Thai women certainly gets this, I can assure you. Hormones are the same all over the world I guess.

The Thai society also values youth when it comes to "attractiveness". Even so much that actors who play old people often are young with make up on. And the phrase "under 35" is used more in job adds in Thailand than in the western countries.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] The Thai society also values youth when it comes to "attractiveness". [/color]

Yes, and it is a shame in many ways. However, Most Thais still respect the elders, my mother and many of her friends think it is a priviledge to be "old" in the Thai society.

[color:"red"]And the phrase "under 35" is used more in job adds in Thailand than in the western countries. [/color]

Such age discrimination, I have no hope to get a job in Thailand!!!

Cheers!

Such age discrimination, I have no hope to get a job in Thailand!!!

For many people this certainly is a big problem.

You have been working in USA for quite some years now, are you prepared to come back to LOS for any other reason than retiring and enjoying life?

If you do want a job, I it's quite a mess here....maybe we could work something out. :p

Archived