Grandpa Comes for a Visit--part 11

Central Scrutinizer

Grandpa Comes For A Visit--A True Village Life Ghost Tale--part 11

Part 11

Upon awakening in the morning I noticed the wife was already up and about. I placed my hand on the sheet on her side of the bed, it was cool to the touch. She had been up for a while it seemed. I grabbed my watch and checked the time. Almost nine. I thought again about what I had experienced that last night, but shrugged it off as being too silly to even entertain in the bright light of day. A spooky moment in the dark of night, only that, nothing more. A night terror as I was passing from wakefulness to sleep. Frightening and mysterious, but nothing more. I climbed from the bed and wrapped a tribal silk man-skirt around myself, and trod toward the hong nam for a needed shower. Careful not to stub my toe on the damned, and dangerous, threshold.

The wife was puttering about the kitchen area out back I noticed as I shuffled by the rear screen door on my way to the bathroom. I spied her sweet tush bending over the table doing some domestic chore and I changed direction, going outside to say good morning, and possibly snatch a pre-shave morning kiss for myself. Always a nice start to any day as far as I'm concerned. She noticed my coming out the door and turned and greeted me with a big smile.

We exchanged morning greetings and I did manage to sneak a rather big kiss for myself, and even a quick squeeze of her rounded buns as I grabbed her in a bit of a hug too. She asked me if I was hungry, to which I agreed I was in fact famished and could even eat her whole right about that moment. To which she giggled knowingly of my allusions and replied, "Yeah? Sure?" Hmmm. A morning romp seemed to be a distinct possibility. "Where are Sis and look sow (daughter)?" I asked her slyly. "Sister still not come from bring look sow school." she smiled back. "Well? What are you doing out here then? Shouldn't you be in the bedroom?" I sternly suggested. She smiled and said, "Okay!" And off we went back inside to have a pleasant morning interlude, locking the back door behind us so we wouldn't be interrupted in our early play. I love this woman, have I said that yet?

Afterwards, as we sat in bed, we could hear Sis arrive in the truck out front. My wife tried to get up out of bed, but I asked her to stay a bit longer and lie there with me as I smoked a cigarette. I hate to fuck and fly, preferring to luxuriate in the afterglow of a good love-making session. I began to tell her about what I had experienced the night before. As I told my story her eyes became wider and wider, and she became very excited and animated, and kept interrupting my tale with "Yeah?! Sure?! Yuh!?" As though she knew exactly what I was speaking about, and it excited her very much. She shrieked and giggled as I explained my search for some cause to this phenomenon. I found this a bit odd and disconcerting, but finished the story.

When I was done she said simply, yet happily and excitedly, "Grandpa come visit you. Come see my Sammee (husband)." To which I replied, "Huh?"

She jumped up from the bed and said, "Wait, wait!!" and ran from the room. What the hell is she up to?" I thought, as I finshed my smoke and stubbed it out. I could hear her talking excitedly and loudly to someone outside in Lao. She soon rushed back in with her sister in tow, and proceeded to instruct me to tell my story once again to Sis. Which I did. They seemed very excited, overtly so.

I told Sis what had happened, she listened to my tale much more calmly than my wife had, and nodded sagely now and then as I explained what I had thought I had experienced. When I was finished she said solemnly, "Mama will be happy to hear this. Her Papa come to see you and wife last night. Big good luck for you and Wife. Good luck for family!"

I was thunderstruck. They actually believed a ghost had visited me last night. Their Grandfather's ghost! And this was good news, and supposedly good luck too?!

"Uh, Wife, ...... Sis, ..... just how is this supposed to be good luck? And why the hell is he visiting me?" I asked, somewhat mystified, as a chill tickled my spine. Cripes. Fucking spooks wandering about the bedroom at night! Don't know if I like this much or not.

They proceeded to tell me all about Grandpa, the older members of the family, Grandpa's brother, (Sister Ming's Papa) and some family history in the way of explanation to this creeped out falang.

(to be continued)

Cent

(The Central Scrutinizer)

--------------------------------------------

"Death lays his icy hand on kings;

Scepter and crown

Must tumble down,

And in the dust be equal made

With the poor, crooked scythe and spade."

James Shirley,

Contention of Ajax and Ulysses

Archived