My impending trip

Well do not intend on writing a book, but I am coming back to Thailand the first part of April. I have not been here for over 30 years, I have changed. We all change and I just want to know if I can find some sunuk too. I am not interested in bars or bg's either. I am going with my Thai wife. But I am not interested. Any use in going to Pattaya just to hang out? Thats what I am intending on doing or Chaing Mai. I am leaning on the latter.

Want to do the touristy stuff and talk to some expats my age. I am not dead just not into bars. I suppose most of you here are young and will not understand this. It gets clearer after 20 years pass you by.

Lastly I am thinking of Jomtein to stay in Pattaya, but sounds like I will be to far out. But hey I want to sleep at night and check out stuff in the day...understand.

thanks,

Bill

I to love this board...

Bill,

I lived in Thailand for 2 years, from 94' - 96'. I never went to Pattaya for two reasons. 1) My main purpose was not to hunt Bgs. Although I did indulge from time to time. 2) It is a mad house with not much for the non-party animal sex tourist. I wouldn't recommend swimming in the ocean as most of the hotels still pump their effluent into the sea not far from shore.

The one site I can recommend is a Chinese temple near Pattaya that my wife's cousin took us too last April.

There is a ton of non-sex sanuk in the LOS. Head for Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhothai, or Hua Hin. If you still want some of the party atmosphere head to Phuket, but stay in Karon or Kata so you can get some sleep.

Hey Brink: Thanks much looks like we may end up going to Chianmai, cheaper up there. Nicer in some regards.

Bill

Ideas on place to stay in Bangkok? That won't bankrupt me...

:}

Bill,

Last April my wife and I stayed at the Pinnacle Lumpini, just off of Rama IV near Lumpini Park.

It was very clean, cheap, had a decent breakfast, and was close to areas we wanted, Silom Road, Lumpini Park (great place to walk in the morning when the elderly Chinese folks are practicing Tai Chi), the train station, etc.

Here's one link:

Pinnacle Hotel

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: Brink15 ]

Archived