What is the problem with these moronic peasants?

Guest baldrick

Absolutely right artiew.

Everybody remembers how Bergkamps fear of flying came out during the World Championship in the USA in 96?

A Dutch journalist mentioned as a joke that there was abomb aboard. Accordingly the whole plane got evacuated and the flight was delayed.

Bergkamp finished the World Cup and apparently never flew ever afterwards.

Than there's Gazza and flying.............

Cheers,

Limbo

Guest lazyphil

<<Post 9-11, I believe that this kind of idiocy on a plane is grounds for an automatic jail sentence. No ifs, buts or maybes - you fuck up on a plane and you get a stretch to consider the impact of your actions>>

Absolutly. I shudder to think how even more ugly things could've gotten had a few Rangers fans made it known they were aboard the flight had they had been.

Its pure madness :: ::

In the US it is a federal crime to interfere with the safe operation of a commercial airliner. Idiots who have been just drunk and belligerent have ended up in federal prisons.

If these guys had done the same thing in the US it would be many years before their families would see them again. And you know what? IMHO, if they pull that shit on an airplane and endanger the other passengers or crew, screw them.

I hope the UK gives them more than a slap on the wrist.

Archived