Thank God It's Friday the 13th!!

zanemay

T.G.I.F. (the 13th!)

Thank God It's Friday the 13th cause Thursday almost killed me!

PROBLEM 1: I am on the verge rotating back to America for three months. When I started staying in Thailand for three months at a time I thought I might move here permanently. Each time I came I brought more STUFF. Now I have a lot of STUFF, way more than I need. It has become a storage problem. On this return trip I am taking STUFF back. I'm not going to move to Thailand and anyway I really hate STUFF! I only need a couple of pairs of shorts, a razor and my guitar.

As it works out I have about four large suitcases of bloody STUFF that I have to store. Fucking idiot! I have a storage locker that holds about two suitcases worth and a kind friend of mine who owns an out-of-the-way bar in Pattaya offered to store two suitcases for me. Very good, excellent, wonderful!! Last night I went around to the bar at midnight and it was closed! Oh my Buddha!! My bags are packed and I am on the brink of flying away. I need some of the damned STUFF in these bags and anyway you don't just go off and leave luggage behind. The problem of the STUFF.

PROBLEM TWO: Earlier in the day I had made my third visit in four days to the dentist. I have a cracked tooth way in the back. A month ago she filled it hoping that would seal the crack well enough. It didn't and I couldn't chew on that side. I want to get all my dental done in Thailand because the cost is so low. A few days ago she put on a temporary crown. I still had pain and went back in. She thought it was high and she ground it down no charge. Okay, but on bloody Thursday the 12th I was still having pain chewing. And as I was eating I bit down on something like a rock. I spit out a bit of silver filling. Moving my tongue over the area of the crown, there was a big, jagged, sharp area. Uh-oh. Had the crown broken?

Friday the 13th I call for my fourth the appointment in five days. The Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital dental staff must be thinking they have an oral hypochondriac on their hands. In fact I don't know if I'm dreaming things up at this point. Maybe the jagged area was just part of the crown I hadn't noticed? But I have to have it checked out before I leave. The dentist takes a look. One-fourth of the tooth behind new crown has broken off!! "Must fill," she says.

It did not occur to me when I was in the office, but I began to wonder later: Maybe the tooth that was crowned was never the problem. I had pain in an area and the dentist saw a crack. She worked on it a lot but the pain was never really better. Now the tooth next door broke up. Was it the source of the trouble all along? Did they cut off the wrong leg? I think they did because all the pain is gone now. Can I prove it? What will I get if I do?

Not everything was crap on the 12th though. I ambled down to the beach after getting my temporary crown ground. I had slept badly the night before and I thought I might find someone to nap with me. Low and behold my 51 year old girlfriend hailed me from a beach chair. I had stopped seeing her because, great lady that she is, she just wasn't cutting it sexually. Not for lack of trying. She was actually too animated and crazed in bed. But somehow, even with all the activity, she wasn't hitting the right spots. She was a good Teddy Bear though, so I asked her if she liked to drop by for a nap. She was surprised and delighted!

This time she gave me a good massage, a calmer BJ that got me off really well and then we slept for two solid hours. I felt great when she left. We can get into new groove - afternoons instead of evenings.

That same night, after I discovered the bar where I was going to store my things was closed, I went and looked this lady up. I told her my problem and of course she told me she would keep my bags for me. A big help! She is thoroughly conscientious and I know I won't have any problem.

Hello Black Stack,

I really like California. I find it ideal to spend 3 months in Thailand and 3 in USA. I can recharge my batteries for Thailand. I burn out a bit after 3 months in Pattaya.

But I got a rude welcome home yesterday. I drove back from the airport and parked in the garage of the 24 unit apartment building I live in. In the morning, two windows were broken out and my golf clubs, which had stayed safely in Thailand for 9 months, were missing.

Are you a black man? Where do you live? Just curious. I have exchanged a lot of mail with Chocolate Steve and my gf in USA is black carribean.

Zane May

Archived