Rachinee luktung VCD

thai3

There is a 'new' VCD of Pumpuang which has just been released, or it may be a re-release, I have never seen it before. The interesting thing about it is that it is a complete concert filmed at the Dusit Thani Hotel, around 1990 I would think. The sound quality is very good and it features a lot of her great songs.

Only two minor negatives are a few minutes of some of the worst dancing gals I've ever seen at the start, and a continual digital onscreen graphic, don't know what it says. That aside it's a very exciting film to watch, and as far as I know quite rare. It's on the B+M label which I have never heard of before. Would make a good prezzy for almost any thai girl as few admit to disliking her.

This is the only VCD I have seen which gives you a glimpse of what a great performer she was, far better than the usual VCD's of her which might give you one or two tracks with her on, then some dozy looking models walking about on the beach or in a garden somewhere.Live at the Dusit Thani is 150 baht, but really it's priceless.-peter

Archived