Top Chants

Long Gun

I love going to the match on Boxing Day, always a good drink and the crowd are generally in good humour, even when it's a crunch game between 2 relegation candidates with a very unfriendly history. I'll not say much about the football except that Sunderland were actually applauded off having tried to play football for about 80 minutes and producing 20 shots at goal (20 more than they did against Liverpool last month - though at least we got a point in that one!). Nice to see history being made too as Millner became the youngest ever scorer in the Premier League - almost at the same time as Rooney became the youngest ever red card.

Anyway, much better crowd than we've had recently and a full away end for a change who were in good voice throughout. Great moment, and hence this thread, when Sunderland went 1-0 up which prompted a hearty rendition from the Sunderland fans towards the Leeds end of the traditional favourite "Going down, going down, going down ...." Almost before it had faded away, Leeds responded with "So are we, so are we, so are we ......" which actually earned a round of applause from Sunderland fans.

Well, I liked it.

LG

And that hope probably lasted for about 94 minutes today, eh? Bastards!! Still, nice easy worldwide televised game on New Year's Day!!

How long have you been back in Thailand, assuming you are the same Blackcat who I discussed watching football in Bangkok with? Sorry, I couldn't wait ......

LG

Hi,

Yes. The it's the same Blackcat. I've been back in Thailand for about 9 months now. Returning to England didn't solve anything.

I'm gutted about the Southampton result. I left Tim's a gogo last night at the end of the Man Utd Birmingham game in the false knowledge we had gained a point at Southampton.

It wasnt until I read your post that I realised we had lost.

Archived