CNN Tonight (Thursday)

JAYBLOOM

Just saw that short 10 minute segment. It was about American guys that had fiancees in Russia and China. Because of security reasons fiancee visas for those two countries are being delayed. Some guys have waited for more then a year with no response from the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service). ::

You didn't miss a thing. It was in regards to how the US government is doing more thorough background checks with the fiancees from Russia and China. I have no problem with this. I am surprised how easy it is to get a K-1 visa from Thailand. I have helped quite a few friends with the process and none of them were turned down and they all got it in under 6 months.

My wife is Thai and I hear so many stories how the Thais will use completely false identities to get into the US. Supposedly there is a ring that brings Chinese into LOS, issues them Thai passports and somehow gets them visas to the US. I have also heard that there is a system of "renting bank accounts" to show that the applicant has assets.

As long as the US is using 3rd world documentation for verification purposes, it is vulnerable to all kinds of fraud. I don't know of any other way to do it. jay

Oh yeah, great idea!!! Let's do thorough background checks on all the Russian and Chinese women trying to marry US citizens. That'll really short circuit any future attempts at terrorism in the US. ::

How about this idea: Stop issuing visas to the dead guys who flew the planes into the WTC. Sorry for the rant, USINS makes my blood boil. Nitwits!!! ::

Archived