How is the weather in Koh Samui and BK in Mid May?

Tiger

How is the weather in May/June? Should I take a trip to Koh Samui or any islands in thailand around this time? How expensive is the plane/boat ticket from BK to Samui? How is the night life and excursions around this time in BK and Koh Samui. Thanks! [color:"blue"] [/color]

Hi Tiger,

Koh Samui in mid may is excellent. The immediate heat of april is about to lessen and it's very nice to swim and relax on the beaches. If you're into diving, this is one of the best times of the year to go diving in the Gulf of Thailand, visibility is excellent and lots of big fish can be seen, even whalesharks.

Bangkok airways leaves BKK multiple times a day for Koh Samui for approx 3.500Baht one way. You can also fly with Thai Airways to Surat Thani and connect with bus to the ferry, this'll cost you approx 2.500Baht but will take an additional hour or 3 or 4 for the bus and ferry. I think they have 2 flights a day.

Nightlife in Samui is excellent, it's fairly full but not as full as in april, so plenty of choice and space to move around.

All over, an excellent time to visit Samui.

I'm sure that the BKK oriented guys can give you an update on BKK.

Cheers,

Limbo

Hello Limbo,

While we are on the subject, I too am planning to visit ko samui in early March, at least that is the plan right now, but I am curious about whether it will be too hot to do anything except stay in the air conditioned hotel room with my girl(that would be ok too ::)

Could you give me some idea of what the weather is like then?

Best Regards

lovethai

Hi Lovethai,

in march it's starting to heat up. Over all, also a very good time to come and visit Samui.

The closer you get to april, the more favorable dive conditions will be. For laying around on a beach during the daytime you'll be fine.

There's plenty of things to do around the island, and it's not as busy as in april. It's also not soooo hot so you have to stay in the a/c all day.

One of my fave things to visit on Samui is the mummified monk. He predicted his own death time and prepared himself in such a way that after he died he stayed in the same condition. He's in a glass shrine in a temple south of Lamai, close to another great site on Samui, waterfall # 2.

Cheers,

Limbo

Thanks Limbo,

It sounds lika a beautiful place, my girlfriend is very excited about it, and want to do a lot of sightseeing and swimming, nice to know the weather will be okay for that.

I will look you up if we decide to do any diving, I do not have any experience in that, but it is something I would l like to try someday.

Thanks Again

lovethai

Hi Lovethai,

if you're interested in the diving, please check the Sports & Leisure part of the forum and check under the Mini forum for diving. A lot of information can be found there, also on Samui.

Other than that, I'ld love to meet you and possibly get you to go diving and have a lot of fun with it.

On the side, we can have a few cold ones as well than.

Cheers,

Limbo

Hi Tiger,

rain in may is very exceptional on Samui. If there is some, than only for at least 10 to 20 minutes and half an hour later you couldn't tell it rained at all.

I do live in Samui.

Let me know if you make it over here and we can hook up.

Cheers,

Limbo

Archived