Freehold Lease for Land ?

dsab

Hello together,

it seems as if my relatiosnhip is storming ahead much quicker then I (and everyone else) expected. Most likely I will get married in October.

We both have the dream of building a house together, and we even found already the house we both wanna call our own. But because I am not Thai we have the problem that I can`t own land. Same problem as many of you will already have come across of.

Now we agree that we both wanna own everything 50/50, so any strange deals are not for discussion. The two deals we have in mind are:

1. She buys and then ownes the land, leases it to me for 90 years (3 * 30 years), and I own the house which we will build on this land . It is a legal possibility, but of course she is not to keen on it, because if we ever break up, I can kick her out without getting anything. She directly would never see the end of the 90 year term. I can understand her concerns.

2nd and preferred option is that we lease a site together on a freehold lease for 90 years (and hope that the law changes sooner or later), and then build the house on the Site with a 50/50 ownership. As far as I know that would be possible. Correct me if I am wrong.

My question is now, if anybody has any experience in this matter, where I can find more informations, and if anybody has some information how much a freehold lease would set us back (maybe in comparison to the value of the site). I have no clue about figures so far. Site we are looking for should be in BangNa, On Nut, Upper sukhumvit Area (we have no plan yet). The only thing we know so far is the price of the house.. :-) If anybody knows an agent who could help us with a site, even better...

For the moment we wanna avoid to take advantage of her family, because we both would like to do things without them. Being independent.

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived