Best way to get from airport to Pattaya.

I will be arriving mid afternoon at the end of June and want to go direct to Pattaya. Last time I tried this I wound up going all the way into the centre of BKK on the expressway and out again.

What is the best way to get from the airport to Pattaya beach area?

Is the bus service still operating and does it bring you down to the beach or drop you out on the highway like the regular bus does.

Any update info appreciated.

Uniformguy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you pretty much do have to go through Bangkok on the expressway - but there is no reason to come off the expressway itself. As someone else shows here , Thai limos, quick and comfortable ,I think 2000 baht. A lot of people grab a taxi infront of the airport. You often hear like minded travellers wanting to share a taxi to Pattaya. There is also the Thai bus service, but there is always too long a wait when I arrive, plus they drop you off at the Thai office in Pattaya, not always the most convenient place.

After a long flight I would say spend the cash and get a Thai limo or taxi, you will be in a beach bar all the sooner.

This has promted me to try and find out a bit more about a new company that has set up in Pattaya - "something limousine" that have these very nice and new black Nissan Cefiro's that I have seen both in Pattaya and on the Motorway.

I normally drive myself between Pattaya and Bangkok but its always useful to have a standby arrangement and I think the Thai limo price is a little bit high for a 10yr old Merc or Camry. Wouldn't mind so much if it was new but never been my experience.

They operate from Pattaya so the price is likely to be better than that of Thai Limousine. Let me do some digging through the Pattaya Mail and all those free magazines you get and I'll report back.

By the way, taking the motorway as oppossed to the Bang Na expressway avoids the city centre congestion, however its about 30 baht more expensive in tolls each way so most go via Bang Na unless you ask them to go on the new motorway.

Cheers

Thanks for all the info guys especially the link. A quick and information full response as always on this board. Trouble is I arrive about 15.30 and don't really want to hang around until the 19.00 bus and I think that 1500 for the cheap limo is pricey.

Has anyone used a regular taxi from the organised rank outside. How much do they charge?

Thanks for the confirmation about the journey and having to go thru the city to get to Pattaya. In that case maybe I'll stay one night and then get the 350 baht minibus the next morning. I always thought the airport was on the way to Pattaya but seems not.

Any info on the taxi price please.??

Uniformguy

800 baht upwards. You'll have to have good negotiating skills. Check the cost at the official taxi rank outside ARRIVALS. If too much, go upstairs to DEPARTURES to negotiate with the taxi drivers dropping passengers off. 1000 seems a reasonable figure. Especially as they may have to drive back without a fare.

I would take the 90 baht 'Government bus' from Ekkamai over a 350 baht minibus every time.

Archived