Best way to get from airport to Pattaya.

UG - Not really sure about your logic on this one.

You will spend probably 150 B on a taxi to Mo Chit, then 90 baht on a bus. That part is the economical element. taxi from airport to Mo Chit could take 40minutes + unless u go on tollway (30B more). Traffic around that area is pretty bad in my expereince of Friday afternoon.

You then wait for the bus, say 20 minutes and then have a 2.5 hour journey to Pattaya as an average time, but possibly longer as its Friday afternoon. Then you need to get the Baht bus to your hotel. I would imagined elapsed journey time from walking out of customs to walking into your hotel is around 5-6 hours. Arrival in Pattaya at about 9.00 9.30PM.

As I understand it the bus will use the motorway but not expressways to link to the Motorway, therefore you are going to join everyone else queing to get onto the motorway. Before the raised extension opened, that queue alone could take 40 minutes to get onto the motorway for a 1000M section of road. Now if your on the toll road it takes 3 minutes.

I do this journey along the expressways and motorways every Friday either from central BKK or the airport to Pattaya and often see huge queues on the free roads - toll roads to Motorway are generally fine. I have never seen a bus on the link tollway between the expressway and the motorway, underneath (free road) is where everything grinds to a halt at a major traffic light junction.

Alternative is to pre-book a car to meet you arrival and pay about 1000 + tolls. Journey will take 2 hours 15 minutes and you go straight to the hotel.

No hassle with luggage, no issue about baht bus arguements and one end to end aircon journey.

For the sake of 750 baht or about US$15 I know what I would do.

Cheers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but..... He could pay 100 baht for the airport bus to Sukhumvit,and stay a night at Street Lodge Soi 1. There he could grab at ST for 500 baht. All for the price of that taxi. :)

Valentino, Your spot on there :D with the idea, however UG said he wanted to go straight to Pattaya from the airport.

If u r staying in Suk overnight, i'd agree, bus makes more sense than a taxi however UG needs to head on down to sex on sea for some reason.

My point is that it seems a lot of hassle for the sake of US$15.

Cheers

No final decision has been made guys and thanks for your concern and all the advice.

Rest assured if I decide to go straight to Pattaya I will take a taxi door to door and pay the money. I usually arrive on Fri. afternoon and know what the traffic is like...........

I have to say I never expected so many posts when I started this it has turned in to a great discussion, and now I feel that we all know all the ways to get to the sex on the beach resort.

I arrive on the 20th June I will decide on the plane probably.

UG

750 = US$15!! Since when? US$18.50 is closer.

Secondly I disagree it would cost 150 to go to Mo Chit. 100 baht more like.

100 baht for taxi to Mo Chit + 97 baht for bus to Pattaya aircon bus station + 40 baht for songthaew to hotel = 237 baht. Take that away from the taxi or 'limousine' fare of 1000 to 1500 baht and that leaves you with between 767(US$19) and 1267 baht(US$31.34).

Ample funds with which to relieve your stress, no?

If you are really strapped for cash and you haven't too much luggage, :D catch ordinary bus number 29 on the main road outside the airport. This stops at Mo Chit. This shouldn't cost more than 20 baht, saving you a further 80 baht.

Ok, ok. I stopped taking this thread seriously sometime ago.

The point being, that people will use the form of travel that fits with their circumstances.

Here, I'm posting a link to some other options: Airport - Bkk/Pty

:beer: Cheers

Can anyone tell me exactly how far it is from the bus station to the beach at Pattaya ? All I can remember is that the little bus that took me to my hotel seemed to drive all over Pattaya (!) before finally dropping me off at my hotel, but it did seem like a considerable distance (5 km ?). I did have a tourist map of Pattaya at one stage, but didnt recognize much beyond the small area around my hotel and places like Walking Street - there is a whole other world just a few streets back from the 'tourist strip' along the beach, and its tough to find your way around with zero Thai language skills.

Archived