Best way to get from airport to Pattaya.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>it really is almost just as convenient to simply take the bus and save yourself the equivilant of one night's hotel cost.<<<

>>>>Depends on where you stay!!

Very good point!! I stand corrected. If you were staying in a budget hotel, the 1100 baht I saved (1270 taxi w/tips & toll vs 170 for bus/taxi to hotel) would pay for almost two nights accomodation.

Says Alkie:

>>>it really is almost just as convenient to simply take the bus and save yourself the equivilant of one night's hotel cost.<<<

>>>>Depends on where you stay!!

Agreed, sounds like a great idea to me!!
:up:

Very good point!! I stand corrected. If you were staying in a budget hotel, the 1100 baht I saved (1270 taxi w/tips & toll vs 170 for bus/taxi to hotel) would pay for almost two nights accomodation.

There is a blue bus service between airport and Pattaya.

I did this in the other direction just once, never again: from the Pattaya bus station to airport (does not run frequently)

I took a bahtbus to the bus station, had to wait for 30 mintues for the bus to depart, bus went into Pattaya to Nova Lodge on central road to pick up passengers (the hotel I stayed at was a stone throw from that hotel - took me one hour to pass by the place I stayed that night) bus drove back passing by the bloody bus station then to Bangkok. At the end of highway made a U-turn to stop at bus depot. There several minivans were waiting, some bringing people to Bangkok hotels, one going to the airport. That was a crammed minibus with luggage on the knees, the driver was driving like crazy on the city highway (Vipawadi-Rangsit) and got a call on his mobile which he did not see as more dangerous than his crazy driving style.

Well, seems I made it alive, but never again.

If you don't want to spend 1k baht for taxi take taxi to Moh Chit (Northern bus station) and take blue aircon bus there to Pattaya. They take the highway avoiding traffic on Sukhumvit. Same other direction.

Thanks Thalenoi.

The question was .....From the Airport.....but it has turned into a really interesting thread with all sorts of advice.

I phrased the question carefully as I will be arriving on a Friday afternoon at about 15.30 and wanted to avoid the trip into Ekami to get the bus. I am too big a guy for the mini buses and want to avoid paying 1000 for a taxi.

How much is the taxi to Mo Chit? What do I ask for at the airport? Mo Chit bus terminal or North bus terminal?

Thanks

UG

You arrive at peak travel time. Taxi to Morchit II expect will set you back about 100-120 with the 50 airport pickup included. Taxi should understand Morchit although it is really Morchit II as the old Morchit terminal is still under renovation (or more like non-renovation).

Ignore everyone that speaks to you inside the airport after you turn left outside customs.

Once outside their is an official taxi rank. Tell the member of staff inside the booth your destination. She will write it in Thai script and hand it to the taxi driver. Voila!

Thanks guys, I never speak to anyone inside the terminal and generally use the airport bus or the official taxi rank to get downtown, so I know where that is.

Uniformguy

Archived