Room Promotions At The HRH

JaiGuruDev

Says JaiGuruDev:

A Deluxe room with a seaview for $60USD just can't be beat, IMO.

I stayed in the Marriott, USD 80 for ocean view. Imo, a better hotel, better location and better pool.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"#666666"]"""The prices I am reading in this thread are ridiculous for Pattaya!""" [/color]

It all depends what you want out of life. I?m not afraid to spend my money and enjoy the high level of service at the (relatively) low price. Some people don?t appreciate the service or the hotel?s amenities. And that?s okay as there are hostel like hotels in town too.

The HRH is a top-shelf kind of place; it definitely isn?t for everyone. Personally, I wish they would raise their prices; high prices keep the Cheap Charlies and backpackers away.

The HRH was formerly the Merlin. It was quite a dump for a large portion of it's life. (I hold a grudge, I was charged a joiner fee of 500 baht, a fortune in the 80's!!! :) )

It may well be a 'top shelf' place now, but does it really compete with the Dusit, Royal Garden or that Royal Cliff place.? Unless they knocked out the walls between the rooms I suspect better accommodation can be had.

Not everyone in the world is fortunate enough that they do not have to consider how much they spend - but those who do gain some wisdom.

FYI - this I know, but everyone knows the old name, many may not yet be familiar with the new one.

I believe it goes by the tag "Pattaya Marriot Resort and Spa", apparently it is number 218 Beach Road, although I don't recall the entrance on beach road. :: Perhaps you have to get in through McDonald's- which is number 216. :D

It is a bit hidden; you have to walk through a small archway (afair left hand side of the fast-food restaurant next to Mc Donalds), then you are right in the garden.

I checked the rooms in the HRH some time ago too, and imo, there can better values for money be had (I still remember the small rooms and the "tubs").

The HRH rooms have been refurbished, but they did keep the shower/tub thingie.

The HRH is more than just accommodations; the Hard Rock Café and disco are nearby, the kitchen serves some pretty good food, the pool and pool service kicks some serious butt, live bands and happy hour at the swim up pool bar, they hold foam parties and ?drive-in? movies. The HRH is on the circuit so the action is just a short baht-bus away.

And no joiner fee!

Life is good by the pool.

Saturday night at the drive in movies.

Getting the party started.

Foam party. And just what are those two doing in the lower left corner of the photo?

The place is really sweet, but the thing that keeps me from returning are the rooms. They are the smallest rooms outside Belgium I have seen in my life and are very cramped indeed. I like the feeling of space, especially for that kind of price so this place is out. If this really is just a refurbished two star hotel, they really should have had the presence of mind to widen the rooms some. I would say double the current size would be more appropriate for a hotel of HRH's stature. When I checked in, I was told they only have one size, but see a family suite on the web that sounds like two rooms with a door separating them (like an adjoining room) so that wouldn't interest me either.

No problem. More room for me! And I believe the HRH is considered a 4-star hotel.

Some pics of a HRH room can be seen here.

The rooms at the HRH aren't *that* small. Rooms at the Strand Palace, Grovesnor House, and the Cumberland in London are much smaller. And that hotel in Darmstadt where I had to put my suitcase on the bed if I wanted to open the door to leave the room... Aye carumba...

Or the Prado Hotel in Madrid where one must decide if they want a chair in their room, or their suitcase...

In Brussels I stay at the Sofitel by OTAN NATO. Quite nice rooms.

Archived