New? LoxInfo Unlimited - Web 1222

Straycat

I went to Seacon this afternoon to pick up my monthly 2x63 hrs LoxInfo packs. I've tried a few other operators but they've always disappointed me so I stick with Lox although they're considerably more expensive.

To my surprise I saw that LoxInfo now offers unlimited packs.

Cost printed on the package 400 baht, but sold at 380 baht.

I picked one up and it seems to work just fine as one would expect with LoxInfo.

The pack is compatible with with TOT and TT&T. You call 1222. Valid 30 days from first login.

Good speed & good connection success. One aber: There's a limit of 200 MB in-data. (We'll see if it's true as I just picked up the pack).

Interesting. I agree with you that CS Loxinfo are the ISP of choice here (although even they are not exactly great). 200MB data limit is very low if you are doing downloads, but would last a while if doing general browsing and e-mail. Two points occur to me: it makes using a popup and general ad blocker even more valuable; and you should probably switch to another pack (hours based rather than data based) when doing file downloads. Let us know how it goes.

200MB ???? :: :: :: That's equivalent to 18 minutes of internet traffic a day. So much for unlimited!!! I like LoxInfo too, but that's pretty shady fine print.

Though I still have some unused hours on my most recent 63-hr. LoxInfo package, I now find myself using T-Net's 249-Bt for 250-hours package most of the time. I get similar connect speeds as with LoxInfo, but it is not only cheap and valid for 5-months after first logon, it also has a toll-free access number (*998, and *997 for assistance). The latter makes my connect cost a mere 5-Bt/hour, as my apartment only charges me to call non-toll free numbers. While T-Net has decent coverage, it doesn't have quite the coverage LoxInfo has in some of the Issan areas

Perhaps I'm just lucky on location and phone lines but I've had nothing but good connections every time with unlimited 1222 access using AsiaAccess. There's no MB or time limit and costs 250B for 35 days. Need to redial every 5 hours. I haven't seen better value or service.

I had a look at the Loxinfo website, looks like they offer two "unlimited" products. One with 200 MB and one 500MB Limit. I think if they enforce this limit they wont get much repeat customers on that product.

In my experience normal internet browsing by modem is more than 5MB/Hour.

Let us know how it works out.

Best regards,

Danish30

Archived