Time to carry your passport?

Flashermac

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read online that BKK Police is in a state of Alarm. The terrorist arrested last month admitted to american intelligence that Attacks are (were??) planned at the Airport, the Marriott and the Conrad during the APEC Conferece and Bush`s Visit.

Better be carefull ! ::

dsab

took long enogh for this to be made public.

been common knowledge amongsts security personell long before mr hambali was taken in.

Maybe they will announce incidents several days after they take place.

Any one here notice how the national news ( world news) has not had much to say about the attacks in s. thailand, arms taken from military, police murdered, and so on>?

I personally think "the shit will hit the fan" in thailand very soon.

( and hope I am wrong)

Sorry, especially as APEC is coming close, political (good, wrong, etc...) talks about how the thais are handling terrorism will not be discussed on the board (ask KS if I am wrong).

Stick to giving infos about how to best deal with enforced regulations and how living/staying in the city will be affected.

Thanks, Moderator.

Moderator:

good policy over all:

best plan ( for in thailand, as anywhere) if the your little "inner voice"

tells you something just does not feel right, listen and get the hell away from the area.

The only shit hitting the fan will be when those dozy people who wander around with their passport in their back pocket realise it has been swiped / knicked / lost etc.

Get some colour copies if you have to, perhaps coupled with a confirmation of where you are staying (unless its a shit hole), have it scanned onto the net and bobs your uncle.

If they need to see it (and they just can't ask everyone) and if the above precautions are not sufficient, then they can drive you to your hotel where you can retrieve it from your room safe.

before I leave I ALWAYS go and make a photocopy of the information page of my passport and my drivers licence.

I put one in each of my bags and one in my carryon

Probably a copy of the page with your visa stamp would not be a bad idea too.

IF you lose your passport having a copy of the information page (passport#) will help speed up a new one

Would I carry my passport ? Tough question ,

In Europe when I am walking around I just carry my California drivers licence or the photocopy,

but the originals are not far away in my car.

But I think that a Western passport has value on the black market, so I would be wary about always having to carry it in bad areas

Archived