Time to carry your passport?

Flashermac

Go sanuk elsewhere.

----------------------------

:clown:COMMUNITY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

There is a smaller city, about 150kms south, called Pattaya i think (yes, just like my board name, easy to remember!). I hear they also have a few bars and joints that look a bit like the ones in NEP or Cboy. It's easy to look it over, but LP guide mentions it too. :cover:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn?t everybody just overreact regarding to the APEC summit?

I worked in several major cities hosting similar or even bigger events, but life always went on as usual. At least until the event actually took place, but even then there was hardly any impact on my daily routines, except one time when I worked close the event I was never ever checked.

I really wondering about the hype made about this 2-3 days event. Even back in 1998 during the Asia games no bars were closed or extensive checks were made, the girls just have to cover up on some days. But back then Thailand was still ruled by democrats?.

A post in another threat stating that girls are hauled of at bus stations just because they have Isaan passports is outrageous and really frightening and makes me wondering in which direction this country will shift. If really true it is a clear discrimination against basic human rights. I hope that the international press or some NGO will make such cases public. And this will bring Thailand a much worse image in the world then a few phrases about Bangkok?s nightlife. After all Isaan people are not stray dogs!!!

A post in another threat stating that girls are hauled of at bus stations

-------------------

what thread was this in, please?

I must say from all the noise it's making since a while, on the board, I somehow thought it was a much longer event. Indeed if only 2 or 3 days, while everyone should make sure to be "legal" during that time, I find the whole topic a bit over-fetched/stretched.

back in 1998

----------------------

Things have changed a bit on a fateful day in sept 2001, and another one one year after in Bali, IMO.

As a mod, let me remind all the topic is about carrying one's passport or not, considering security has become a paramount concern in international events. a beer for anyone finding something new and serious to say about that very precise "passport" topic.....

Not to anyone in particular.

I never carry my passport around. At times don't even know where it is.

But anyways I do carry a TGA card at all times. Better even as we can compare handicaps (The policia and me that is).

FYI: TGA is Thai Golfers Association.

Guest lazyphil

<<I never carry my passport around. At times don't even know where it is>>

Well, you pay your taxes to the government I guess you can feel apart of something there. Maybe they'll let you vote at the next election?? ;)

Says jitagawn:

"and makes me wondering in which direction this country will shift. "

Its called Fascism-
:(:cussing:

Jitagawn,

If a country does not follow democratic rules it's not automatically heading for fascism. Thailand a future fascist nation? I don't take this.

Archived