Is the freelance scene changing?

Hardy641

On the face of things I would have to say I disagree with your post -- :p

The scene in BKK is what you make of it - if you go out grinding numbers and value a, "WAL*MART approach to the sex industry." An awful angle to take being that its a store full of baby clothes and shite.

:help:

So, go get em' for 1000 Baht tiger.

Why? You don't have to pay a fortune or become a chat room whore to have loads of fun.

Q Bar freelancers are bratty girls :: alot of times.

I'll give you a case study from my files: ___, 24, she is out getting pissed at Bed and Q Bar weekly. She takes a gentleman [fat or thin wallet] that she fancies home sometimes. Her secret?? She's got a bloke bankrolling her in Denmark and she lives in a Sukhumvit condo complex that makes me blush from poverty. :cussing:

God bless her actually.. she is playing the game and having alot of fun. She is not every example, but the girls at these venues could slum if the 'door fees' were too high. Ohh, and there is a VIP membership at Q Bar..

best of luck with your freelancers mate. the scene is alive. :beer:

lets all drink to APEC fucking off.

Cheers,

the_numbers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I could brag about my "free" conquests in BKK too, but I don't think that's what the OP asked us to do. I was just recalling what was written over the past few months that related to that topic ON THE AVERAGE.

i go rarely to BKK, and when I do, I do not hang out in bars or gogos, unless I am being asked to meet there. I am a disco guy, most of all!

Actually I didn?t write about individual stories, but about the scene in general. Of course you still can get you freebie or your LT for 1000 as well as some girls still can get their 4000THB short time.

Of course my experience is also only based on the friends and girls I really know well. But e.g. I know 5 ex Bar girls for more then 3 years at least. They all stopped working in the bar or AGogo to become freelancer over the last 3 years. As of today 3 returned to work in a bar, one got a regular BF and the fifth is thinking about returning to the bar.

I generally think that the time of 1000THB or 1500THB freelancers is soon over considering the fact that these prices will just not cover the girls? expenses as stated in my previous original post. As we punters are unlikely to be able or willing to pay 2000TB and more I concluded that the growing discrepancy between offer and supply must lead to a change of the scene earlier or later. Based on my own observations this change has already started.

Your example of the subsidized Q-Bar freelancer is actually a good example. Q-Bar and Gulliver is actually full of this type of freelancer, which I like to call the sponsor girls. Her characteristic is that she likes to be in control. She has cash and wants fun. She chooses the guy not the guy chooses her. If her sponsor is in town she has to do what HE wants. But if the sponsor is away then she looks for guys that have a lot of time and actually do what SHE wants? Money is only a secondary issue. If you do what she wants it can actually be great and pretty cheap, however be prepared that she drops you the moment won?t follow her ideas anymore. Or of course if sugar daddy is back in town. If you like this type of girl you shouldn?t be worried, as I think that the scene is moving more and more into this direction.

I am not sure about long term trends (I will need to give that more thought), but one thing I have noticed is this: During the low season - which seems to be coming to an end - I am constantly getting calls from girls I know - to the point where it is a nuisance. And prices are quite negotiable. But quite recently I have noticed a dramatic drop off in calls.

And I notice this happening every year around November, although last year the drop off wasn't quite as dramatic.

sponsor girls.....I think that the scene is moving more and more into this direction.

--------------------------------

No change for Pattaya. This is pretty much the freelance scene there for all the years I've been going there. Most reasonably good-looking or friendly girls have BF, or sponsor if you wish. The ones who don't have one won't wait long. This indeed gives the scene a less mercenary aspect for the discerning farang.

First, to Pattaya127 sorry if I sounded like I was slagging off.. :D

I generally steer away from the obnoxious Q Bar sponsor type girls unless its simply someone to get pissed with who will split the tab, and slurs their Thai better than a :drunk: farang.

Unless you are just cheap its not a good game to be a 'lap dog' for a decadent Thai girl who then is a 'lap dog' for her bloke when he gets in town. :down:

My point is if you attack the freelance scene away from 'image' type club scenes on Sukhumvit I don't think your stuck with a priceline exceeding 1000 baht.

I think the OP's suggestion is a moot point in this way because these venues tend to draw 'pricey' or 'sponsor' girls.

A shady lot these girls :: Some say they have a guy others not.. others cycle back to go-go's after tasting the freelance scene, dumping the guy. I just don't see a 'moment of truth' approaching in the freelance scene.

Except the moment of truth Old Hippie may be noting. Pulling on available facial hair and saying, "Is this a fella'??" Alot of katoey action indeed. :dunno:

In the meantime.. fight the good fight.. the 1000 baht fight.

Cheers,

the_numbers

I haven't seen any changes exept Thermae was really boring and a girl from Nana Disco made me the "you're dick too big" (it really isn't) trick and I had to got rid of her without any sexual activities. I'm now in Bangkok and have no problems getting girls for 1000 baht long time even from gogo-bars.

It depends much on how handsome and nice you are. Hell, I'm travelling now with a blond rasta haired tall Brad Pitt lookalike who's 25 years old and it really pisses me off that he gets all the best looking girls :: Now he's staying with a stunner from Hollywood Rock for free and the girl is even willing to pay her own barfine if my friend couldn't afford. But atleast now I'm able to wander the bars alone :hubba:

Archived