Short Cambodia update

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody here wants to go through those also for me very tiring discussions anymore, and boardrules are that certain words are not to be mentioned (even if used with the best intention).

my position is a bit different as i believe that those boards would be very useful for educating people about the sometimes very dark aspects of prostitution, but i have to obey boardrules.

only thing i can say here is, that, whatever i personally think as right or wrong, there is a clear border: as long as mentally sound grown ups do whatever they want out of their free will with each other, nobody has any right to interfere.

unfortunately though, some of the places mentioned and advertised in this thread do not operate that way.

as discussing that is against the boardrules, i would like to see that thread killed.

some people's way of life and opinions i cannot change, but at least i would expect that those advertisements about some of the most disgusting places in the realm of prostitution would not be placed here.

it gives a nasty stink to an otherwise very balanced board.

Okay, maybe a MINOR exagerration about a compound fracture. Last year I had a friend die from what was diagnosed in two Cambo medical facilities as a "concussion"/broken eardrum. No, he didn't die immediately...3 weeks later in Chiang Mai. And the result of poor medical attention in Cambo.)

Accordingly, I am deeply grieved that you find my comment "silly".

at least i would expect that those advertisements about some of the most disgusting places in the realm of prostitution would not be placed here.

it gives a nasty stink to an otherwise very balanced board.

Absolutely. P4P in Cambodge is about as far removed from Thailand as you can get, and is exploitation in the extreme. Anyone who engages in P4P in Cambodia either: a) Doesn't know much about the country, its history, its people; B) is ignorant about it; c) doesn't care about it.

The HIV risk is unbeliveably high in Cambodia's prostitues, and you really are playing Russian Roulette with your life if you "play" whilst there. Is your life worth $2-5 USD??? Up to you.... :down:

:onfire:

And here we go again. :(

To answer or not to answer? May be one short answer.

As far as I understand, your point is the price, exploitation and HIV. I think, every point has been disussed before in length, so I prefer referring to the thread(s) or the search-function. There are other points to be aware of (that you didn't mention), but I prefer not to post them now on a public, non-private board.

For me, I have been visiting this country since 1999, been here for 15 times and I am still counting. As long as I am within the laws of my home-country and I am within the laws of the hosting country and I am within my own moral laws, who is arrogating to judge me for what?

I really like this place, as many others do as well. IMO Cambodia is a great country to visit, good people, good - very good nightlife, nice girls and not too hardened girls with lots of excellent P4P-opportunities, reasonable prices, good expat-community, good documented on various internet-boards. What to want more? Simply have a look in the bars and you will see, they are full. And that is good. Everybody to his own.

Gentlemen,

I can see where this is heading, but I think, if both sides could exercise mature and considered aforethought, there is no reason to shut the thread down.

But then I may have to, if it gets out of hand.

Cheers

Coss

Archived