Trink: back....

lembeh

From my email box this am:

Dear Josh Ingu,

I'm back! The oldest existing column in this part of the world continues by popular demand of friends and foes. My views and reviews of the passing parade, now unmuzzled and not arbitrarily cut. Space isn't a problem and readers are requested to keep sending me e-mail as I, at least, care what you have to say.

My views, based on experience, follow conventional beliefs in some respects but not in others. Much isn't known yet is accepted "on good authority." That the population of Bangkok is 6.5 million (it isn't, it's circa l0 million); that HIV is the Aids virus (it isn't); that bar girls are victims of society (tell that to those they lie to and cheat).

It's 2004 and I'm raring to share my thoughts with you for a further couple, three decades. Listen up...

Spread the word, you can catch me at www.idontgiveahoot.net, weekly "Nite Owl" and movie reviews posted every Friday.

Looking forward hearing you thoughts and ideas in the online forum,

BT

P.S. I'm sending this e-mail as a one off to people who have been in contact with me in the past. If you wish not to receive any more emails from me then let me know and you won't hear from me again.

Looks like a pay site, at least partially.

-j-

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh, that e-mail does not sound in the least like Trink wrote it himself. Nothing Trink-ish about it.

Somebody obviously is paying him to write and is putting his column on line. Still, a buck a month is probably less than what folks paid to read his column in the Post each week for a month. (What's the Post now, 20 baht?)

There is a rumour going around that Trink played the belligerent Dwarf in the Lord of the Rings movies - anything is possible with modern film techniques and that he is not short of a bob or two!

Like many handicapped people, Trink is hypersensitive about what people say about him, hear he was not amused at my electric wheelchair satire posted here and elsewhere a while back!

Archived