Trink: back....

lembeh

S. Tsow spoofed him a bit in "Thai Lite" in a chapter about Bangkok writers, calling him Barney Bonk. Trink did NOT take it well and said Tsow had done a "hatchet job" on him. Old Bernie can rip into other folks, but he doesn't like the least bit of satire or criticism himself ... no matter what he says.

Tsow also did a piece on Trink's "creative English". The local papers refused to run it, for fear that Trink might sue for defamation! And all it really is is a compilation of quotes from Trink himself.

For someone in journalism as long as he has been, Trink has a surprisingly thin skin.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess he is still trying to earn a living? Doesn't he qualify for US Social Security?

His forum doesn't look like it is off to a good start. Only 27 registered users as of today and only one post from BT himself.

He has yet to answer the first post..."What do you think of the Stickman Weekly?"

And he already has the predictable trolls goving him a hard time (Barnyard Trunk).

No matter what you think of the his writings, BT does deserve some degree of respect.

If he's been in LOS as long as I've heard, odds are he never paid into the US social security system and isn't therefore qualified for anything from it. The only way this might not be true is if in his younger days, he managed to build up enough credit in the program when he was working Stateside. From his biography, I'd bet against this being the case though.

Overseas expats from the US actually have the choice of continuing to pay into the sytem, vs. opting out due to residing overseas, for the purpose of insuring they do get social security. I don't think he chose to pay into the system voluntarily.

If he relocated to the US, he might qualify for welfare or state/country welfare type programs, but he'd have to prove indigence. I think Trink has too much pride to do this, at least for now.

I've also heard of older immigrants who came to the US, and as they were already of retiremnt age, they were able to start collecting social security right away. However, this was in the past and they lived in the USA. If that can still happen today, you still must live in the US for getting social security in this manner.

ABC

markle said:No the web site is all ego

Hi markle,

I had a look at this and I see no evidence that BT has contributed anything to it at all. Is it a fraud? The only connection with him is that he has mailed people who have mailed him in the past, but it may well be that soemone, somewhere had access to an adress list somehow. :dunno:

For $12 I might subscribe, but I would like to be more convinced that it really is a BT site. :help:

Khwai

Archived