"Invalid Message" error: can't post !

New Petchburi Pete

K.S. sent me the thread "Firewall & Posting" to NP forum.

The instructions are for Norton's 2003 version. I've got 2004; and, the instructions do not look the same at all ... I'm afraid of screwing up my machine!

I'm out at an internet cafe now. If anyone can send advice, post, plus kindly send to my e-mail address (under profile).

This am, I turned off the Norton firewall in an attempt to post to the board, but no luck!

A short time after the OS was loaded (XP - 2003 Corporate), a window popped up which recommended that I install the Windows firewall (or XP), which is different than Norton's ... so, I have two ... HELP ! ... I miss posting to this board.

BTW, life in East Pattaya is pretty good. I'm doing well since my exorcism, .... yes, exorcism !!!

Maybe my computer needs an exorcism? :dunno:

WindowsXP sometimes really usefull. I just logged of from Windows German to Windows English to give you the instruction in English (I use WindowsXP with MUI Multi User Interface)

First switch off your WindowXP firewall, which is not very useful and might interfere with your Norton Firewall:

Klick on:

Start/Connect To/Show all accounts/

right klick on your connection

klick on advanced

deselect: Protect my computer and network.....

Settings in Norton Internet Security 2004

klick on:

Status & Settings/Privacy Control/Configure/Advanced

Klick on: add site

enter: board.nanaplaza.com

select: board.nanaplaza.com from the list on the left

deselect in the right field: Information about visited sites - use default settings

choose: permit

Finish with ok and everything should be ok.

I don't know, but maybe you need to restart your internet connection and your browser (or even your computer :dunno:)

Archived