EURO 2004

Zaad

Hi,

It's still 2+ months before the start of Euro 2004 in Portugal, but being the (allready very excited) host of this tournament this year I feel somewhat obligated to organize a small competition for nanamembers who're interested in participating.

Very simple :) predict the first round's games and as soon as those are completed I'll post the second round matches which you must predict as well and so on till all matches have been predicted and the tournament completed.

Score calculation and prize (or just for fun) could be discussed if enough people are willing to join.

The following are all 1st. round matches of the tournament. Have a look, predict the score, put it behind the appropriate match and send the whole lot to me by PM.

Sat. 12/6 Portugal - Greece

Sat. 12/6 Spain - Russia

Sun. 13/6 Switzerland - Croatia

Sun. 13/6 France - England

Mon. 14/6 Denmark - Italy

Mon. 14/6 Sweden - Bulgaria

Tue. 15/6 Czech Republic - Latvia

Tue. 15/6 Germany - The Netherlands

Wed. 16/6 Greece - Spain

Wed. 16/6 Russia - Portugal

Thu. 17/6 England - Switzerland

Thu. 17/6 Croatia - France

Fri. 18/6 Bulgaria - Denmark

Fri. 18/6 Italiy - Sweden

Sat. 19/6 The Netherlands - Czech Republic

Sat. 19/6 Latvia - Germany

Sun. 20/6 Spain - Portugal

Sun. 20/6 Russia - Greece

Mon. 21/6 Croatia - England

Mon. 21/6 Switzerland - France

Tue. 22/6 Italy - Bulgaria

Tue. 22/6 Denmark - Sweden

Wed. 23/6 The Netherlands - Latvia

Wed. 23/6 Germany - Czech Republic

Anybody up for it? :beer:

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodness, you are prompt! I am in, though it may take a week or so to sort my predictions out.

Bhat Man is my odds on to win this one after his remarkable run in the Pompey competition :)

But this is me speaking - I couldn't even enter the scores correctly in that competition! :doah:

Off topic, but my early choice to win is Espana. Why? Because I used to live there, and I always pick them, and they always lose, and one of these years they must win!

froggo

Great ::

So you're saying you can't enter the scores correctly AND you decide to pick Espana? Sorry to say, but the odds of you winning this competition are pretty negative. :p

I'm obviously hoping for Portugal's first European Cup.

Luckily we don't need to select a winner. It's solely a matter of predicting the results from round 1 to the finals.

BTW, I was thinking about 'donating' the winner of this competition a 1-year free membership to the paysite (I'd pay KS the barfine on the winner's name) :) Or perhaps a real BF (1.000 Baht)?

Suggestions are welcome.

Zaad said:

Great ::

So you're saying you can't enter the scores correctly AND you decide to pick Espana? Sorry to say, but the odds of you winning this competition are pretty negative. :

That would be a logical conclusion :)

VERY generous of you about the nana membership.

I guess most of us in these parts of the board are not site members then, right?

froggo

froggo

Hi,

Ok so far I have received 2 predictions and another two have confirmed to join and will send it later. Plus myself that makes 5. For me enough to continue financing this competition till the bitter end, thanks guys :hug:

Chelseafan has following score calculation in mind:

Correct result: 6 points

Correct prediction (i.e. getting the result right but not the score): 3 points

Correct goals scored for a team: 1 point

Sounds very good to me, thanks for the suggestion, Chelseafan. Feel free to add or comment on what we have here so far.

Another thing, I'll be calculating the score by myself in the old-fashioned way (using the brain-calculator :)) so I recommend you all to keep your predictions at hand to confirm your own score. Please note that there may be a wrong calculation from my part (highly unlikely though). In this case I ask you to contact me in this thread or by PM and I'll recalculate your score.

Finally, I'd like to participate as well but I'd also understand that it may seem a bit dodgy if this competition ends with my name in 1st. place. To avoid being called a cheating butt-face I would have no problems sending one of you predictors MY predictions before the start of each round. :)

Let me know.

:beer:

Hi,

I guess most of us in these parts of the board are not site members then, right?

I have actually no idea. If nobody has any objections to the 1-year free membership as being the prize (or one of the prizes) and the winner of this competition happens to be a member already. Well, then perhaps I could either prolonge his/her membership with an extra year (starting when his old membership ends) or give the cash instead.

Let me know.

:beer:

P.S. I'll be posting updates once in a while regarding predictiors, prize(s) and score calculations.

Easier for all of you to add and/or comment on what we have so far.

Goodness, you are prompt!

::

Actually, now I come to think of it, there is indeed a 2-month gap between now and kick-off but it gives YOU enough time to predict and US enough time to discuss about how and what.

I also hope to get more predictors by announcing this competition way before deadline (12 June).

Archived