EURO 2004

Zaad

Zaad, whatever mate, your show.

But just to qualify, I meant before the tournament starts and prior to the commencement of ach proceeding stage.

The advantage of this is it gives punters (not predictors! :D) the chance to catch up but also rewards the astute fan who picked the winner prior to the race starting.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be our show, hence the possibility to discuss the rules before the start of the tournament :)

I understand picking the quarter-finalist prior to the start of the tournament as it's "simply" predicting number 1 and 2 from each (known) group in the 1st. round. Sounds fine for me.

But then the Quarter-final matches must be predicted and predicting the result is automatically predicting the winner. It would merely increase the possible score.

Same for Semi-finals. If I predict 2-1 then I'd obviously choose the team which scores twice as the winner if you understand what I'm saying. It would only give more points.

No problem adding this if we have enough yes votes.

So again guys, predicting results only (every game in the tournament) or winners as well before/during Euro '04? Or maybe only the two finalists? Or only the champion? Let me know, please.

Good suggestion Roppongi, keep them coming.

:beer:

a Yellow Card......... :up:

first one of those i've got in a football game,but got a Red once..... :cussing:

i feel honoured that i am the first person to get a card in the tournament..... :grinyes:

but where is CS when we need him?,come on Steve join up and join Zaad's competition.

Kman has (officially) joined the competition. Welcome and goodluck to you too!

Gamblers:

1. Zaad

2. Sayjann (yellow card)

3. Chelseafan

4. Limbo

5. BelgianBoy

6. Bhat_Man

7. Peckieboy

8. Roppongi

9. Kman

10. Frogpatrol (no predictions received yet)

11. Racha (the monks haven't given him the inside knowledge yet, hence his inability to send in his predictions)

12. Pattaya127 (no predictions received yet)

And another has joined the group, this time I welcome Man at Work. Goodluck!:up:

Gamblers:

1. Zaad

2. Sayjann (yellow card)

3. Chelseafan

4. Limbo

5. BelgianBoy

6. Bhat_Man

7. Peckieboy

8. Roppongi

9. Kman

10. Man at Work

11. Frogpatrol (no predictions received yet)

12. Racha (the monks haven't given him the inside knowledge yet, hence his inability to send in his predictions)

13. Pattaya127 (no predictions received yet)

• 2 weeks later...

BB wrote:

"I am in favor of the KISS system, Keep It Simple & Stupid.....

Thus no."

Ok, the majority seems to prefer the KISS sustem, so I'll stick with that. No need to predict winners or a champion.

Predict games as the come, nothing more nothing less.

3+ weeks before kick-off and I'm still welcoming more people to join the parade!

Gamblers:

1. Zaad

2. Sayjann (yellow card)

3. Chelseafan

4. Limbo

5. BelgianBoy

6. Bhat_Man

7. Peckieboy

8. Roppongi

9. Kman

10. Man at Work

11. Frogpatrol (no predictions received yet)

12. Racha (the monks haven't given him the inside knowledge yet, hence his inability to send in his predictions)

13. Pattaya127 (no predictions received yet)

Archived