Udon Thani

Fatboy

Udon Thani is a quite place but I like it very much and it's fun. Most of the time I start the evening at Mr.Thongs bar, opposite the charoensri hotel, but right now the bar is under renovation (I guess). Later at the evening it's disco time and the best place by far is the Mambo Disco with live music at the Napalai hotel. Sit near the bar but don't get a stiff neck because you will look up most the time coz they have a couple of really nice girls dancing at the counter in front of you later at the evening.

There is also a redlight district (Adunyadet Road) with a couple of ST bars not far from the charoensri but it's very simple and a bit on the dirty side, price around 300-400baht, to get there just ask a tuktuk driver.

You can get some good information under http://www.udonmap.com/

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be a whole generation of stunning Udon gals in Cowboy but they have all mosly married and moved on, getting their younger sisters and nieces to bypass the bar scene and go directly to farang they meet thru their husbands. 15 years ago I went to Udon to track some down at souce and got absolutely nowhere (they all went directly to Bkk then) and the place is no better now, with lots of horrid ex-pattaya katoeys and the usual hardcore vermin with their boyfriends/pimps loitering nearby. Udon itself is a total non-entity of a town with nothing to recommend it other than cheap hotels to stopover in en route to Laos on a visa run.

I agree 99%. The one percent off I would say is that Ban Chiang, 55K to the east is well worth a visit. Easy to get to, a really good museum, and a nice little town, plus a it's a UNESCO world heritage site.

Wow! Wolverine,what a waste of time that was.One drink was more than enough.Has to be close to the worst gogo I've ever visited.The dancers were very poor in all respects. As for Udon;plenty of action there if you want it.

Everyone has there own experiences.

While the town is somewhat bland and prosaic as far as the woman go I could not disagree with you more. The town is full of pretty even gorgeous women.I was there two weeks ago.No kidding.

I remember P127 had a good time there as well.

Archived