1 am closing in Pattaya

Hardy641

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave Pattaya another try over the long weekend. The situation has relaxed again. Luzifer closes at 2am and Marine2 at 3:30am :)

Tony is under renovation with the result that Luzifer is overcrowded after midnight. Marine 1 is just a shadows of its old days. Some gogo bars are showing, some don't, but the numbers and quality are much better than Bkk.

Been in Nana on Wednesday night and was shocked to see that many major bars (Hollywood Rock, Vodoo, Loli Pop) have only a handful dancers (mostly ugly) dancers left. Sad to see how the place went downhill....

If its the bar owners deciding to close early because the number of customers in Pattaya doesn't justify the costs of staying open late, that is one thing, but I thought the early closings happened n response to goverment pressure. With less customers, I would expect more showing (absent police intervention) in the competition to draw in more customers. The posts referring to less showing therefore suggest that the changes in Pattaya were the result of government intervention rather than market forces.

On a more hopeful note, it is good to hear that things, in Pattaya at least, might be returning to normal. Also, this month's Metro Magazine included an interesting quote from a Deputy Minister of the Interior who conceded that the closing times may need to be extended for the sake of tourism. Is reality starting to set in or I am hoping for too much?

Try Bangaldesh Biman. You?ve just got to pedal harder to keep that elastic band taut. :grinyes:

Or migrate to beautiful Western Australia. Finest wines, beaches, weather in the world, and the girls are absolutely knockdown gorgeous, but sadly a 500 baht note behind my ear doesn?t make me look like Tom Cruise as it seems to do here in Pattaya.

14 day return BKK-Perth-BKK with Valueair only 11,000 baht now. Come on down? we need the money!

:beer:

Archived