New GoGo ranking system live

khunsanuk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Someone has put 500 baht as the price of a beer in Happy A Go Go (Walking Street)."

Fixed.

"There might be something wrong with the drink prices overview."

Yeah, I think this may be due to some testing data from me. I'll see if I can re-calculate everything.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"There might be something wrong with the drink prices overview."

Yep, that were actually 2 things wrong. Some of the overal scores were incorrect (not updated when I deleted test / incorrect data) and I had used the wrong variable to display the second list of bars (was using the same one as for the first table).

Both of these issues are now fixed.

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Okay, I've added an Overview page to the ranking system.

It shows the bar area popularity as well as the average drink prices in the different areas.

I'll try to add some more stats (hey, I'm a sucker for numbers :) ). If you have any you'd like to see added, just let me know.

Sanuk!

KS-

You have a link TO the overview page ON the overview page! I think that link should also be on the voting page, just to make it easy to find.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

"I think there is a bar in Nana missing. First floor, left side between Red Lips and VooDoo. I think the name is Pretty Lady."

It was, but as far as I know it is now called Bottoms Up.

I looked closely and the sign is definitely Pretty Lady. I saw no sign inside or out that said Bottom's Up. So the votes for bottom's up must be by old hands who have not been there in a while though it still might be the same as before in all other respects. The name should be updated to reflect what you see when going there I would say.

Hi,

Ok, sounds like they reverted back to the original name. I'll update the database tomorrow.

BTW, seeing that it has been over a month now since the first people entered their votes, may I remind you that you can vote every month. In other words, those who voted more than a month ago, feel free to vote again (even if your rating of the bars hasn't changed).

The more data we get in the system (very close to 1,000 entries already!), the more accurate it becomes.

Sanuk!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We broke the 1,000 unique bar votes barier last night and we also have about 2 months of data in the system now.

So, I'm gonna try to get some more work done on the system this weekend. Planned additions are:

- option to add a small comment to a bar

- changes of ratings over time (probably bar area only first)

Any suggestions / requests?

Sanuk!

PS I may be buying Burnout Revenge tomorrow though and if I do all bets are off on whether or not any of this gets done over the weekend :)

Archived