Bangkok vs. Pattaya

Pat_from_Jersey

Hi!

I have never stayed at the hotels you mentioned but I know of them both. The Sawadee are low budget hotels with basic rooms. The location is good. A very short walk down to Beach rd. or a slightly longer walk up to Second rd. if you are going in the other direction. Btw it is not soi 10 off 2nd rd. as this is another street and there is a Sawadee hotel there to I think. It is just soi 10.

Honey Lodge is in a extremely conveniant location if Walking Street is your gig as it only a 1 minute walk to get there. My guess is that the rooms there would be nicer than in a Sawadee hotel.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat, you will have fun in either destination, you can be assured of that! I like both places equally, for different reasons and you should really make the effort to see both. I could summerise it by saying BKK has the best sex establishments in the world while PTY is the best sex establishment in the world. :: IMO you should start off in BKK for at least 3 nights be sure to visit: nana plaza, soi cowboy, patpong, sio 33, BG 7 and have a swift beer in thermae (it was a institution). I would leave the BKK MPs till the next trip you won't have the time and there are several huge MPs in PTY that are well worth a visit. PTY is very busy around new year, there are loads of 'younger' fellas, and the competition for the cutest girls is fierce, choose and BF early, or end up with second best. There are some great bars and 3 of the largest MPs in PTY around the soi 2/bigC area, be sure to visit, Atlantic bar used to be particulary good, but things can change. PTY certainly deserves its tag 'the extreem city' but if you don't like it, BKK is only a couple of hours away so no big deal to travel back. Theres a great 5min video clip shot in Walking Street , be sure to download it to view it properly the tiny preview you see on the site doesn't do it justice. Can you spot the 'lady boys' there is at least 8 that I'm sure of :D

Enjoy

You said, "I'm comming for the cheap sex and party"

Commin from the USA you'll get in late if not flying TA. Since you will arrive late. Check into Nana for 2 nights. Take shower and change clothes head over to NEP for a walk around. If nothing fits you head straight back to Nana and go to Angels Disco walk around the place a couple times...you'll find a girl! If you don't hit the car park for some action. ST or LT up to you. Either way you can always find girls around the lobby, restaurant or outside ready for some action! Sleep in the free ABF sucks... The next mornig take a taxi or sky train to Barons (soi 24) or Tulips (soi Thonglar) for round one Barons opens around 10am! After that go to the eden club around 1:00pm that places you back at nana by three or four!

You could always hit Annies at 4pm or take a nap if tired...only till 6:30. Leave the hotel and either hit happy hour on soi cowboy at 7 or head over to Rachada district via sky train and subway for all the massage, soapies and TM a man could desire! Either way make it back to Cowboy and have a go at several of the gogo's and BF from one of these places TL. Take the girl back to nana and order some food and get down to it. If she doesn't work out you have Angels down below or NEP across the street.

Next morning sleep in and do the late checkout at 2pm. Take the skytrain to Ekahmai and catch a taxi to the Ekahmai bus station...take the bus at 90 baht to pattaya.

In pattaya catch the sawtooths at the bus station for the high price of 20 or 20 baht to beach road and your hotel! Stay on Soi 7 or 8, soi 2 or walking street! Hit the sack until the night is in swing and then blow all the brain cells you can. Over the next several days hit Sabai Dee, Sabai room and Sabai Sabai massage parlours as often as possible all are around soi 2 and 3-open around 2! Hit the dance clubs for hot chicks and freebies, the gogo's for grab and dash and the BB for talk, fun and playfull girls! Every girl in Pattaya you like prop her and see if she does the deed! Soi 2 has alot of girls who like Anal! Classroom 1, TQ, Cats, Misties and a handfull of other gogo's open around 2pm or earlier! Eat at Tips for BKFST on beach road, try the castle s&m club and Bang as many diffirent girls as you can fathom...don't stick with anyone longer then one day...broom them fast, re-vist later if you want but only ST them! Have fun!!!!!!

SkiBum

Mr jersey:

I'm surprised your question did not result in a riot here at NP.

After traveling to LOS many times i still ask myself how long i should stay in bkk vs pty. I play it by ear and don't plan in advance.

Since you are staying over new year you have no choice, you have to book in advance. Many of the hotels have a surcharge for christmas and new years eve. I stayed in pty this past new years and enjoyed the hell out of myself. I stayed at Diamond Hotel in walking street it has a fantastic location but the rooms are not so nice at 1200 baht. But the surcharge was very small so i saved money and it was the only hotel on the net at the last minute with a room for less than thousands.

As mentioned pty will be seriously packed with farang and i consider this a drawback you should see my subhuman convention post i put up in nightlife back in January LOL. If you stay in pty you will have a blast but i found bkk much more to my liking at that time of year.

I also like the types of bars in bkk slightly more than pty. For daytime hanging around in bkk you have better places to pay pool (most bars in pty have snooker tables). even if you don't play you have gullivers and beer garden and new wave and morning-night bar and a number of beer bars with attractive ladies from early in the day.

In contrast I find the pty bars to have sparse not so beautiful girls in the beer bars early in the day (the hotties come out at night). So if it were me would stay in bkk for 7 days and pty for 3 . On second thought, I wouldn't go to pty at all at that time of year because of the huge hoards of farang hope i don't sound snobby ::

in bankok if you go to patpong (recommended for a look)

dont go into any of the small upstairs bars that touts will try to steer you to these are clip joints and will rip you off

Brian47 said:

in bankok if you go to patpong (recommended for a look)

dont go into any of the small upstairs bars that touts will try to steer you to these are clip joints and will rip you off

Took my wife into one of the upstairs bars on Patpong I after the tout quoted 95 baht beers. After ordering two, a bill was presented for 1000 baht. They wanted to strong-arm us so I said that I was going down to the "tourist police."

We were given our 95-baht beers. ::

I have changed my plans to include 3 more days. I am arriving on the 27th and staying at the Nana until January 1st, then going to Pattaya and staying there until 01/10/06! In addition to the obvious pastimes, I am planning on doing some of the "tours". Perhas a jungle tour up north, or a side trip to Laos or even Phuket? I think I would do better by "hooking up" with a local who can show me around and probably save me money, but I don't want to be "stuck" with the same lady for several days? Shit...what to do. Thanks for all advice. I have purchased several books and found the information in this forum to be of equal or greater value so far. (: I will bring back pictures and post them, too. Please feel free to email me privately with any suggestions, tips, concerns, etc... I would greatly appreciate it.

In Pattaya, would you stay at the honey Inn, Skytop Hotel, or Sawadee Sea View (Wing B)? thanks. -Pat

SkiBum said:

...Take the skytrain to Ekahmai and catch a taxi to the Ekahmai bus station...

If you feel you can't walk the 100 meters! :)

SkiBum said:

... try the castle s&m club

This joint was firebombed last week! ::

Aside from that, a great plan, SB! :up:

Archived