Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

Couldnt get into the site earlier today. Just kept on refusing the login.

But just got in and all seems well, all men accounted for.

I wont stay up for the Man U game tonight but tomorrow I will. I just hope that I can see Rangers first win in the CL out here. I am on a 100% losing streak, the problem is they are only shown when they play Man U or Inter. The other games arent shown.

I hope we are on ESPN or I will need to ditch the Motorcycle guys who come in to watch the football down in the lobby.

( I only get ESPN in my room and have to go to the lobby to watch STAR )

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ultras67 said: I am on a 100% losing streak, the problem is they are only shown when they play Man U or Inter. The other games arent shown.

I hope we are on ESPN or I will need to ditch the Motorcycle guys who come in to watch the football down in the lobby.

( I only get ESPN in my room and have to go to the lobby to watch STAR )

Looks like you can keep yer average up ..

ESPN-Star

Cheers

K

a GREAT result for FC Thun.......... :up:

could there be a fairytale about to happen?,FC Thun qualify for the knock-out stages.

Zaad.

i enjoyed the Game.

MU had a Left-Winger at Left Back and a youngster making his first start at Right-back.

i have seen Bardsley several times in the reserves and he looks a good successor to Neville.

a bit naive at times but eager to support the front Players and cross the ball.

Giggs was restored to the Team and ran Benfica ragged at times.

for Benfica Miccoli was always dangerous but Nuno Gomes was disappointing.

the 1st Half was pretty even with both Teams having good spells of possession and Van Der Sar pulled off 1 good save.

Rio seemed a little hesitant at times and the passing of Benfica caused problems to the Defence of MU at times.

RVN hit the Bar with a great effort and finally Giggs got the Goal which was a little fortunate by deflecting off the wall and wrongfooting the Goalie.

i think the Goalie probably had the shot covered.

the 2nd half was probably 60-40 % MU and they attacked and attacked but the final ball was lacking and Ronaldo was shooting from everywhere and fucking up.

but he did have one good shot which was tipped onto the bar by the Keeper.

Benfica's Goal was very good.

VDS done everything right with his positioning and that of the wall,but a sweetly struck shot was perfect.

the last 20 Minutes was all MU and i knew (well i prayed) a Goal was coming if they kept up the momentum.

and with 6 Minutes to go RVN finally got a typical Goal,sweeping the ball in from 2 Yards following a corner.

how do you feel about a Dutchman scoring a Goal to beat Benfica?.

overall i thought MU were the more dominant but that is to be expected from the Home Team.

more possession and more chances but Benfica did create a few of their own.

i liked the Way Benfica played and their Defence was good at nullifying MU,but they will have Rooney to face next time and he creates other problems.

overall a good Game and i'm glad that Benfica didn't come to defend.

kudos to them..............:up:

sayjann said:

a GREAT result for FC Thun.......... :up:

could there be a fairytale about to happen?,FC Thun qualify for the knock-out stages.

Official statement, Thun wants to be 3rd after the Group Games.

But who knows the surprises the next chapters maybe will bring in this wonderful fairytale. :)

Thanks for the report Sayjann.

That sounds like my Benfica allright.

Just a shame they haven't had more time to grow together since the arrival of half a dozen new players and coach as well. Still I think they're doing a good job and I see this CL as a valuable experience for the squad.

I personally don't see the 2nd. round as a priority merely a bonus taking into account that Benfica hasn't produced much internationally in the recent years. Just being honest here.

As for a Dutch scoring the winning goal. Fucking cheesehead!

:beer:

Everton are crap.

They had a good season in 2003 when they finished 7th, only their second top ten premiership finish ever, the next season they barely avoided relegation, finishing 17th. Then last year they played well up till Christmas when they lost Gravesen to RM, since then they have been total shite. So many of those games last year were "stolen" in a moment (though a win is a win). There were alot of 1-0 wins IIRC, and it wasnt as though Everton were dominating their opponents in those wins.

They took 21 points from 19 games in the second half(remember the 7-0 creaming Arsenal gave them) of last season (that's relegation form) but still scraped home 4th (34 points behind!) because of their first half season performance. This season they are carrying on their pitiful form just where they left off in May.

This year Everton have won 5 of 20 league games and have crashed out of two European competitions, as I said, they are crap.

Ah bugger.

Typical performance. Not much creation up front dogged defending with too many balls given away and soft fouls awarded. And to cap it all, the true mark of a scottish team, a free kick through the wall and deflected off the studs of a dfender who is jumping stright up. If he had stood on the ground, it would have been blocked.

But, could have been worse. they missed a penalty and an open goal.

Oh well, back to bed and work in 3 hours.

Archived