Thai Movie Recommendations

Aggie91

Speaking of thai films...

Last year while taking a taxi across Bangers, we ran into a large crowd of apparantly very angry demonstrators swarming through the streets. All of a sudden a huge roar goes up through the crowd and, brandishing all manner of home-made weapons, the mob charges down the street in the direction of my taxi. Seeing this massive onslaught of angry stick & pipe wielding young men on the rampage - all screaming bloody murder, my driver freaks, slams on his brakes, and starts frantically trying to reverse through the stalled traffic. :eek::yikes:

It is only after we notice the cameras set up alongside the road - rather inconspicuosly, i might add - that we both relax and bust out laughing. :relieved::rotfl:

Swear to god, we both thought that we had run into a bona fide riot for about half a minute there!

You'd think they'd have tried to make it a tad more clear to innocent bystanders that their blood-thirsty mob was not in fact real!!??! TIT! :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any ideas where I might be able to get a copy of "3 days in October...?" I have a documentry on this, but not the movie...the one I have is just a bunch of news footage...brutal violence, some what surprised you can buy it...

They have it on VCD at at least one store in Fortune mall, I just saw it in there last week. sorry, can't remember what floor. they actually have TONS of thai movies on VCD in that particular store, including old ones from the 1960s. unfortunately, absolutely none of them are subtitled in English.

it's on maybe the third or fourth floor? toward the Lotus end.

vox

Hi there.

This is Paul, director of the movie 'P'.

We spent much of last year on the festival circuit, but the film is being released commercially very soon.

It will be released at cinemas nationwide in Spain on the 27th January, followed by Italy, UK, Singapore and USA.

It will be available on DVD within the next six months.

Unfortunately we touched a few nerves here in Thailand (most certainly never my intention) and a Thailand release is uncertain.

It is interesting to note that we were accepted into every film festival to which we submitted the film last year - in over 20 countries - with one exception, the Bangkok Film Festival, in spite of the fact that they were offered the Thailand premiere.

I hope that the site is up and running. You can download clips and stills, including a short video by Dean Barrett introducing Soi Cowboy.

Best wishes,

Paul Spurrier

Archived