BBC,s 100 top albums

Julian2

Bust,

I think I'll forego the pleasure of hearing that version. Once was enough. :smirk: :D Besides, I'm not an Elton fan. I'll stick to the Star Trek re-runs and the new Boston Legal TV show for my Bill Shatner fix. :) Good to see he somehow regained his acting career after that strange death of his baba bobo wife. I do like him on the Boston Legal show. Cracks me up. Captain Kirk as an older hotshot lawyer in the Beantown. :D

Cent

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kman.

Radio 2 is aimed at the 40+ generation and that's what makes the poll interesting and surprising.

quite a few 'modern' bands included but a lot of the older one's not.

goes to show that the 40+ are listening to new music,i can't be bothered anymore.

not a lot which interests me anymore,am i getting old?.

at the moment listening to Led Zep live in the car and they show how good music was in their day.

Sorry, should have included the link, just stuck it on on an impulse as this type of thing always gets some worthwhile comments. I certainly don't agree with the list and if I have ever heard a Robbie Williams song I don't recall it. Nor do I agree that the Beatles are a shit band, they helped shape the course of popular music right down to the present day. The key word here is popular, if it sells it shouldn't neccesarily be written off as crap by JJ Cale fans etc. The time you live in reflects your taste also, I picked up a Leo Sayer album in Burma last week, then put it back in the box. Back in the 70's he was huge with the dope smoking crowd (not me, not me :crazy: ) in Australia.

Sorry, should have included the link, just stuck it on on an impulse as this type of thing always gets some worthwhile comments. I certainly don't agree with the list and if I have ever heard a Robbie Williams song I don't recall it. Nor do I agree that the Beatles are a shit band, they helped shape the course of popular music right down to the present day. The key word here is popular, if it sells it shouldn't neccesarily be written off as crap by JJ Cale fans etc. The time you live in reflects your taste also, I picked up a Leo Sayer album in Burma last week, then put it back in the box. Back in the 70's he was huge with the dope smoking crowd (not me, not me :crazy: ) in Australia.

Looks like you now live in a world of Pantera wannabes and fek blood cannibals.

Gosh - methinks you may be on to something.

Maybe - just maybe... I chose another form of crap music (in the same league as the Shatner gem) and am now living THAT nightmare. :shocked:

Archived