Threat, Prediction or

Hugh_Hoy

Buried in an Associatd Press story about the sentence levied on Saddam, was this little paragraph: ""The hanging of Saddam Hussein will turn to hell for the Americans," said Vitaya Wisethrat, a respected Muslim cleric in Thailand, where a bloody Islamic insurgency is raging in the country's south."

I love it when the press labels these guys "respected Muslim cleric". Shit, ever read about a "disrespected Muslim cleric"? Anybody ever heard of this guy? What's his background? Insurgent activitist/sympathizer? Is he merely making a prediction? (Rather inflammatory, if so.) Is he begging the question? How does he come to this conclusion? Any Thai press quoting this guy and give him any credence?

HH

You are probably right that a comment like that will rather start another wave of violence on the other hand I was pretty pissed by the BBC Coverage right after the verdict. Some 60yo piece of shit woman from England said it was good that Saddam will be hanged he has to pay the price for his crimes, she said! She said it as there was no other option to let him rott in prison for the rest of his life, she said it in such a mind controlling way and I found it totally out of line to have these final words minutes after the verdict. Even worse is that I have never heard of this cunt. Nobody should speak on TV and condone the KILLING of another person. BBC seemed to have noticed that too and cut her off air after 30 seconds!

Let's not forget that Saddam was a dictator and he killed and tortured his people because there was a rampage against him and they had throwen eggs and tomatos at him! What reaction did they expect from a dictator? Other than that he has never harmed an American unless he was invading his country, he has never been a threat to the world and now it is okay to kill him?

doubt they will make a marthyr of this tyrant. the PM and vice-PM still have to sign off on it. One is a Sunni and and PM does not like the death penalty so hopefully for his sake they put him away forever..

It would have been easier if he "tried" to run and the soldier put a bullet in his back

Usually guys like this talk out of there ass when referring to another country. I would be more concerned about what he is doing in Thailand and judging by his comments probably not much good.

I imagine for a few baht you can pay someone to go south and figure out what his deal is.

"respected Muslim cleric"? Respected by whom? The same people probably respect Jerry Farwell, Pat Robinson, and Fred Phelps. Damn religious crackpots, all of them. None of it has anything to do with God, it's all about them and their agandas. "respected Muslim cleric" probably has an alter boy sucking him off from under the podium when he preaches.

Archived