#1 v #2

BadaBing

Yep...if USC beats UCLA, should be a "no-brainer": OSU vs. USC for the national championship. Should be a dandy of a game. USC looked the best I've seen them all year on both sides of the ball. ND v. Michigan in the Rose Bowl? I fear for Boise State if they end up playing in a BCS game. All the "majors" still standing look pretty good to me.

HH

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commanding stuff yesterday by the Trojans. The Colliseum was abuzz, the ESPN gameday trio was there, and it was Senior Day.

The defense was solidand our receiving core made ND look like high school students.

Up next is the Bruins, and then most likely war against OSU.

BTW, Pom Michael, I watched parts of the World Cup with TVU Player, and it is very uneven. Some games are perfect and others unwatchable. But better than nothing for the College Football hungry LOS residents.

War, Pom Michael. War.

And bada is on my side, so that surely is worth something?!

I may be the only one that does not like the new set-up,

Before the Rose Bowl was "The game"

now its just another game like all the rest ,

especially if USC and Ohio state go to the "finals" if thats what you want to call it,

So the Rose Bowl will be a couple second place teams I guess....

OC

hoping the UCLA wins next week......

So....IF UCLA beats Southern Cal, who would play the Trojans in the Rose Bowl. Wisconsin? Michigan would have a rematch with OSU in the BCS championship game.

I still have to put my money on USC to win this Saturday against UCLA. I'll say this, USC hasn't faced a defense as tough as OSU has. OSU takes it to a higher level than most teams face. But I've seen some pretty high-powered explosive offenses the last couple of weeks, so anything can happen when you get two teams averaging 30-40 pts per game on offense. One thing no team at this level wants to do is get 10+ points behind...basically the death penalty. Very hard to play catch-up against teams that can put points on the board (as ND and Michigan found out). And don't forget the Sooners of 2005 when USC handed them their asses before they knew what was happening. USC just can't affort to look ahead when it plays UCLA this weekend.

Fortunately or not, the Big 10/Pac 10 tradition is basically dead as far as the Rose Bowl is concerned.

Fortunately or not, the Big 10/Pac 10 tradition is basically dead as far as the Rose Bowl is concerned.

Yep , its a pity that the Rose Bowl is pretty much gone as far as making the national champ.

UCLA only has a chance if USC is looking too far ahead and blows a few plays early that lead to UCLA scores.....

OC

At least this OSU-USC matchup would be in a neutral locale (even though Arizona is Pac 10 country, the Fiesta Bowl has almost become a 2nd home for OSU the last few years so I'll call those offsetting factors).

It never seemed right to me for USC or UCLA to be playing a Rose Bowl in their hometown (same same with Miami & Orange Bowl).

The last time these two teams met in a bowl was the 1980 Rose Bowl with USC winning on a controversial touchdown. Always wondered if that game outcome would have been different if played in Columbus...

Archived