telecom asia adsl and modem

whosyourdaddy

Aray Wha?

I have Qnet service right now at 64/128k. It's ok - but you need a TOT line. Also all (including Qnet) broadband services charged per hour. They advertised as 'always on' then tell you what the hourly rates are for internet usage. UBT and cable modem's were even more dodgy - when i checked they were approx 900B/month. sounds great eh! except this is for up to 30 or 40 hours internet time only (!!@!) - extra was 40B/hour... you what.... plus on extreme prompting on my part they allowed me to find out there is a charge for Mb downloads outside of thailand (thailand web site downloads are free.... whooooppppeeee).

Incidentally, Qnet offer unlimited internet access (for businesses, supposedly) and it'll cost you 20,000B/month when I signed on.

Naturally, all this presumes you are in an area with access possible in the first place.

crazy.gif" border="0

Anyway... can any others confirm thay have a broadband (128k down or up is ok) ISP available at a sane monthly fixed rate for unlimited international access? If you can , I'll be delighted smile.gif" border="0 and also peeved shocked.gif" border="0

(just got that TOT line after a month wait, then DSL modem install etc etc.....)

aiyaah

coops

• 2 weeks later...

whousyourdaddy -

go to http://www.lensodatacom.co.th/

and you'll be at the Qnet website. It did have prices etc before, but they can be out of date (oh, dear - an ISP who can't even keep it's website up to date, may pen rai....). check out the details then phone their head office for the latest deals.... you will need a TOT phone line, and you can check if your area/phone number is ok for the service if you already have one.

I'll be checking out Telecom asia at Future Town when i can...

coops

Thanks for the info..Here is a URL that might be helpful to you and others

http://www.adslthailand.com/Products/adsl_price/main.html#ubt

quote:

Originally posted by coops:

whousyourdaddy -

go to

and you'll be at the Qnet website. It did have prices etc before, but they can be out of date (oh, dear - an ISP who can't even keep it's website up to date, may pen rai....). check out the details then phone their head office for the latest deals.... you will need a TOT phone line, and you can check if your area/phone number is ok for the service if you already have one.

I'll be checking out Telecom asia at Future Town when i can...

coops

quote:

Originally posted by Crash999:

If anyone knows where I can get unlimited ISDN, ADSL, or leased-line Internet access for under 15k Baht per month then let me know. It'd be worthwhile for my office.

Cheers!

Crash

Q-net has a leased line of 64k/64k for 13,500, 128k /128 for 20K, 256K fpr 34000 and 512 for 66,000.

lensodatacom.co.th.. no prices on the internet though.. just picked up a list at the WTC

Archived