rosetta stone learning thai

belfastish

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My RS set is 3 disks and a book. The one disk just installs crap, and sets up the program applications. The other 2 disks are the actual lessons...It helps with reading and listening a bit...and some vocabulary...but as Flash says, is best for those with some knowledge of Thai already.

yes it has audio but only in thai,theres no english at all which i would like,it has script which is no good to me atm.

some of the pictures are not explained very well so you dont know exackly what each picture is saying but a fair idea.

i have a book aswell,not rosetta but i referr to it aswell.

and is lessons 1-4,so far ive learned the colours,child,man ,women,car plane etc

yeah its not perfect. I had real trouble cracking some of the picture sets but strangely often when I left it and came back to it later it became more obvious. I think as long as you are getting most right just push through the ones that give you problems.

As for the script I think believe th idea is to immerse you in the language. I also know that lots of people in this language forum have suggested trying to get to grips with the script as soon as possible. If you spend half a day learning the basic letters then using the Rosetta stone will just carry on reinforcing what you learnt.

That was one of the coolest things for me was having something that used to just look like alien squigles start to have a meaning I could decipher.

• 4 weeks later...

It's on torrent and usenet. It's total bullshit. I'm glad I didn't pay the riduculous asking price.

It has things like a picture of a boy jumping over a log together with some Thai audio. How are you supposed to learn anything? The Thai audio could be "the boy is jumping" or "the kid jumped" or "the log is big" or "how to break your ankle". I can't believe anyone could learn anything from that shit.

Archived