CELL PHONE

bigal

in theory one2call can receive international calls.

In practice many people have posted (like above)that they cannot receive international calls or that the voice quality is very poor. Some posters think, this is the case with numbers beginning with 09 (but others have posted they have no problems with09-numbers). Or does it depend on the brand of your mobile?

Friends of mine have Nokia and Siemens with 01-numbers, they receive international calls ok. I have Sagem with a 09-number, it does ring if someone calls from abroad, but communication is impossible because of very poor voice quality.

Anybody can explain this?

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: iuytrede ]

quote:

Originally posted by think1stbkk:

Then you should really be interested WHERE your GF is. Only when she is outside thailand, she has to pay for the international call from Thailand to the country where she is at the moment.

crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

Maybe she's on 'holiday'?

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

All I report is what I am told. She is right outside Chiang Mai. I know she is not on holiday. If I call her on her cell she usually tells me to call her in a few minutes on her shop phone or she calls me right back which she knows to be cheaper. I don't pay her so I know it is not for that reason.

Sounds like there is a better phone plan for her. I will suggest she look into it. It isn't very often I we talk on that phone anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Pom Michael:

Yes Rovineye, I think either:

a. your info is wrong, she doesn't get charged anything for incoming calls.

b. she doesn't have a Thai based SIM card.

c. she isn't in Thailand when she is getting your calls, and has International roaming turned on.

d. *** Maybe *** she happens to live very close to the Thai-Malaysian border. I have heard and read that sometimes AIS sim cards will pick up onto the Malaysian system so you end up using the phone internationally even though your still in Thailand !

Good Luck.

wink.gif" border="0

a. She is a Thai business owner and I have never known her to be wrong on any issue involving $

b. I can't imagine why she wouldn't.

c. most definately in Thailand. Has never been outside LOS.

d. Nope. 1/2 hour outside Chiang Mai

When her cousin first told me of this I thought she must be wrong. Now my GF confirms it as true.

I will find out what is amiss and report back after my next visit in March.

Archived