Sign in to follow this  
whitelotuslane

Bar closing due to official mourning period?

As of one hour ago, NEP seemed open. I was driving by and didn't go in any bars so I can't confirm, but everything seemed "normal" from the outside. I am sure someone will be able to provide more detail in the next 12 hours (I have a 6 am telecon tomorrow, so I am not going anywhere tonight)

I have just had a text from Phuket (friday 10 pm)

saying

All gogo bars, discos and coyote bars are closed in Phuket. Cannot open for 2 weeks.

Kind of makes sense. Interesting to see Coyote there!

Edited by Guest

we are not out of the woods yet! :neener:

thailand's bureaucracy works slowly! how can one expect any measurements within 48 hours of this incident. it is not the police station in charge of the district who decides what exactly to do! they have to wait for instructions from superiors.

my best bet is that all festivities like concerts, big parties and events (children day on 13. january) will be called off during next two weeks. entertainment venues will be punctually affected but i do not expect close downs of entire bar scenes for longer periods. but you never know!

Just learned that, at least for phuket, all bars etc... are not allowed to play music till the 16th or 17th, but they can remain open.

As usual in Thailand let's see if each city or province applies a different set of rules.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

The girls at Shark will wear their black see-throughs.

HH

Last time it was black crotchless.... accent on the less!