Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

Germany - Spain 0:1

SPAIN WINS THE TITEL

[color:blue]SPAIN EUROPEAN CHAMPION 2008[/color]

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Spain has won every game and is the right winner of this this wonderful, peaceful tournament EURO 2800.

CONGATULATION SPAIN

smilie_flag_070.gif

Congrats to Germany as Vice Euro Champion :applause:

:_party::_party::soccer::soccer::_party::_party:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain was great, they are playing the best football and I am happy they got over their domestic issues and act as a team. They could have won 4:0 and everybody would have said it was deserved.

The Goal was Lehmanns fault again, when he storms out he puts Lahm in a stupid situation, he was also lying down too fast. It was another weak (horrible) performance of the German team, probably the cause was lack of fitness, however it was a final and everyone should have fought more. Except the first 10 minutes and 5 minutes after the referre missed to suspend Silva for a headnut I have seen nothing from the Germans, they started well and lost confidence with a bunch of incomplete passes and built up the overly nervous spaniards which found in their game quick. Ballack, Podolski, Schweinsteiger and Klose been poor, but nobody can beat Peer Mertesacker, this idiot was playing such a week tournament and in minute 91 he was still kicking passes to the side, i probably have never seen a more uninspired player as him!

Xavi, Iniesta, Senna and Torres been a pleasure to look at, in the last 15 minutes i was hoping for them to score another goal, it would have been horrible if Germany would have come back into this game, after all the better team should win and the better team is not necessarily the one that shoots more goals!

Statistically it was the weakest Germans perfomrance since 1991, only 4 shots on the goal, Zero on Target! Nuff Said. Tomorrow the erman Team will be celebrated in Berlin.. well at least the game agains Protugal was good, because Portugal let us play!

Damn now i have to wait 2 years for my next rant

Euro 2008 sets the bar high for next tournament

It is a tournament that will be remembered for validating the beautiful game.

It is a tournament that will hopefully change the way the game is played.

It is a tournament that will be remembered as one of the best.

Euro 2008 has left more than just indelible memories. It has left a legacy for the sport of soccer.

It's a legacy of positive, entertaining and enjoyable play. It's the kind of soccer the world was hoping to see, the kind the world wants to see, the kind that needs to be played.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/Soccer/2008/06/30/6024101-sun.html

:soccer::_party::soccer:

Spain deserves the title.

Congatulations to a team that just played great!

And to Troy: Stop your bitchin and moaning. Mistakes happen and one team always plays not as good as the other. Thats football.

And look of all the teams behind us!

Not a great perforrmance by the Krauts, but a fair and engaged one. I am kinda proud of the boys!

nuff said.

Maw

UEFA has reiterated its satisfaction that UEFA EURO 2008â?¢ in Austria and Switzerland has been such a positive tournament on and off the field. :)

Theme of respect

"We had a campaign before and during the tournament based on the theme of Respect," said UEFA communications director William Gaillard in Vienna on Monday. "It's probably the first time that we have not heard national anthems being booed by one part of the public. We have had no particular incidents with fans. We have had huge Fan Zones with tens of thousands of fans together â?? there was plenty of mixing in the stadiums, very friendly meetings between fans, and practically no problems with racism and discrimination. I think that football comes out really strengthened from the whole event. In addition to the technical side [on the field], which was wonderful." :)

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=729426.html#uefa+praises+friendly+finals

:_party::beer::soccer:

Archived