Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

How European are Turkey and Russia btw? Let alone Israel?

IMHO Turkey should play in the Middle Eastern play offs, 90% of their country is located there, Russia one could say the same, although the % shift in their favor and Israel doesn't really need any explanation.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't bet your money on the Germans, this tournament has shown that they can't deal with being the favorites. No disrespect to the turks and their will to win though but the Germans should win that one very easy adn that's the point where they might freeze like they did against Austria and Croatia.

The Russian seem to be the strongest team in the competition, they can run for 3 hours if they have to, they are young and they are hungry, Spanish defense is traditionally weak and quite frankly during the match against Italy I was hoping that both would get kicked out! The Russians kinda excite me, that's how football is supposed to be, St Petersburg has slaughtered Bayern Munich and left them not a glimpse of a chance and Munich had a really strong team this season. Tradition says Germany will win, Tradition also says Michael Ballack is a guarantee for the 2nd place :wave:

like you i enjoyed the Game and good to see the Turks luck run out at last.

about time they lost to a late winner after all of theirs.

the Turks were the better Team and should have won but Germany were Germany.

they don't always play well but grind out results and that is a sign of a good Team.

no-one can play fantastic Football 100% of the time.

Archived