Michael Parkinson Knighted

Torneyboy

Parky made a career out of meaningless, inane, drivel style interviews...he got the guests as he wasn't confrontational or probing...i guess he deserves it on length of service, but his reward is the big piles of cash he no doubt made...not sure why he would be knighted. What's he really done??

Agreed. He (like many people who receive honours) does a job which he presumably enjoys and is very well paid for. So what has he actually done to deserve the honour. Nothing in my opinion.

TB mentioned Ian Botham. Beefy has raised a lot of money for Leukemia with his walks but even that doesn't seem enough to justify a knighthood.

My oldest sister has been caring for mentally / physically handicapped kids all her life for an absolute pittance (I couldn't believe how little she earns when I found out last month). She turned down the chance to move up into management because she didn't want to stop caring for them directly. IMHO she is much more deserving of some honour than most who actually get them.

Archived