Help with distressing personal situation

DarkCloud

You are a great guy - I suspect most people would have truly walked away by now.

I understand you don't want to just walk away and your reasons for not doing it are very personal.

I don't know much about the financial side of things and in particular Thai financials. Yet I would wonder if it's possible to set up some kind of trust fund for her, and the kids? Maybe some other forum member could point you in the right direction. Kind of like a pension she could reliably get every month; and likewise for her kids so they can go to a good school (separate from the mother of course and the rest of the family).

By doing that you've done the best you can. Explaining your past to the family and your g/f should more than allow you off the hook I would have thought.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Explaining your past to the family and your g/f should more than allow you off the hook I would have thought. <

"The hook" is internal, it is part of the OP's psyche by now. Trust funds may alleviate guilt, but, with my understanding of his thinking, will never totally take it away.

I emphatise. There is no solution, so in spite of my own feeligns, my cold advice to the OP would be "supply a financial safety net, then walk away. The cultural gap will just make it too hard.....

Archived