Anyone based in Khorat?

Bkkbound04

I'm in need of retrieving copies of divorce papers from the Provicial family court in Khorat,if there's anyone of the board members based there and would we willing to assist I'd would be generous in compensating for your time.

I did try an BKK based agency who quoted 1100euros, clearly I could fly out myself and do this but timing is a bit of a problem.

Any alternative advice would also be welcome.

Thnaks guys

JP

Do you really need the papers?

Marriage register in Thailand is not centralised registration is only recorded at Amphur level. If you wish to remarry all you require is "Affirmation of Freedom to Marry" paperwork, in the case of the British Embassy you fill out the form yourself and pay 3,500 THB for the Ambassadors signature / stamp. Then you have it translated into Thai and have the translation certified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which costs 200 THB for next day service, there is a same day service but I am not sure of the cost.

The reason I am up to date on this is because even though the wife and I have had the "Big Wedding" we never actualy registered it at the Amphur but I need to do it now and have spent the past week going through the process to obtain the paperwork.

Archived