Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

Grimandi has been an important player for Arsenal. Where he's handy is the fact that he will play anywhere we need him to. Ok we've added 5 new signings this summer (and hair-do), but he's still a utility player that can be of use.

Also, I'm told that him and Remi Garde were a very important link between the English and French players when we won the double. After Patricks little outburst and Wiltord's antics at the end of last season that could be important.

Agreed that Luznhy just hasn't got it, we should try and sell him. Mind you, we've off loaded Malz, Wreh and a few others.

It will be interesting to see what happens between now and the start of the season as I can't see us hanging onto 5 forwards. Especially with the youngsters we have coming through.

Pennant is something else, Aladiere is a very talented boy and another centre forward. Ricketts is a good central midfielder and Voltz a promising right back that we might see more and more this season. We also have a you centre back called Svard

who looked very talented.

Apologies for going on, but I love my football. crazy.gif" border="0

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sorry to tell you lads the title is still staying in Manchester. Arsenal have two class players Henry and Viera and viera says 2 of the major signings are not up to scratch (van bronchurst and jeffers) Jeffers wont get a dozen goals this season and he should get a lot more playing alongside Henry (the only thing that stops him from been the complete striker is his lack of goals from inside the six yards.

Maybe in a couple years.

tongue.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

still can't get rid of Mendez - we keep sending him out on loan to nobodies and they keep returning him.

Ricketts was quoted on website(!) as saying he'll have to leave, he doesn't reckon he'll get a chance at Highbury.

Well known froggie Guy Demel is off to BVB Dortmund, Vivas to Inter. The cream of Europe want our reserves.

Who else will be on his way...Manninger, Upson, Tomas, Edu, Stepanovs???

Sorry Fergie, your last season is gunner be a nightmare...

Silvinho hasn't been included in the pre-season tour of Austria apparently he's for sale! A shame, but Ashley Cole is a different class.

Ricketts has played pre-season and looked quality. Edu's only been here a few months so I can't see him going.

Would prefer to see Stepanovs, Manninger and Tomas go if we had to sell any players.

I see that this thread has now made the natural transition away from Sol to more recent happenings. Very pleased to see that.

Given that Marcel has made it possible for us to occupy our own very small corner of nanaplaza.com, maybe it is time to rename the thread??

Any suggestions: abbot, colonel, steve, nicky, and other Arsenal faithful?

froggo

I know we shouldn't mock the afflicted but how about "Let's all laugh at Tottenham."

They're so bad, I can't even h8 them at the moment, it's more sympathy. Have they signed anymore old has beens recentlty?

No, old has beens have been blowing them out! Chamot would rather play 4 AC Milan reserves and Alan Kelly said there was no way he would sign for them!

They really are a sorry state. Going onto www.thespursweb.com chatroom always gives me a laugh when I'm feeling down though.

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• 4 weeks later...

Fine way to begin a new campaign (4-0). Even when down to 10 men, the result never seemed in doubt.

Saw the match with Long Gun at Hare and Hounds (Cowboy) - pleased to report that there were at least 4 or 5 Gooners in attendance.

Particularly happy for Dennis B. Nice to see him start strongly.

Cheers,

froggo

Archived