Daughter of famed Austrian crooner dies on Koh Samui

Mentors

Bangkok - Susanne Neumayer-Haindinger, the daughter of famed Austrian singer Peter Alexander, died in an automobile accident over the weekend on Thailand's resort island of Samui, police confirmed Monday. Neumayer-Haindinger, 51, died about 3 am Saturday probably of a head injury sustained after her husband failed to navigate a curve, overturning their car into a ditch, Police Lieutenant Colonel Thanongsak Aksonsom said.

"We think she died of an injury sustained when her head hit the windshield," Thanongsak said in a telephone interview with Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa. "She wasn't wearing her seat belt."

Neumayer-Haindinger's husband, who was wearing his seat belt, wasn't injured in the accident.

"The couple were doing business in Koh Samui, investing in hotels and houses," Thanongsak said. Koh Samui, situated about 420 kilometres south of Bangkok in the Gulf of Thailand, is one of Thailand's most popular island resorts.

Neumayer-Haindinger's father Peter Alexander, now in his 80's, remains one of the most famous contemporary entertainers in Austria, Germany, Switzerland.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/259041,daughter-of-famed-austrian-crooner-dies-on-thai-island.html

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Rote Rosen" was by him' date=' right?

That song still torments me after all these years![/quote']

maybe not shure, he have some horrible songs like "Die kleine Kneipe" or "Hier ist ein Mensch"

And he played in extremely bad movies (comedies).

I didn't think there were any famous Austrians, I thought it was like Belgium, except for a bloke who died in 1945.

Cheers

composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart!

composer Johann Strauss!

actor/US Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger!

artist Friedrich Hundertwasser!

conductor Herbert van Karajan!

F1 driver Niki Lauda!

skiing Franz Klammer!

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz!

film director Fritz Lang!

psychiatrist Sigmund Freud.

etc. etc. :tophat:

Archived