Bars / Gogos with short time rooms

G man

> I have heard that using in-house facilities

> often avoids being charged a bar fine.

No it doesn't. First of all, they tend to be different types of establishment that offer rooms compared to those that don't, so a straight comparison is hard.

Anyway, if rooms are available then there's still a charge.. This charge includes the room, and any bar fine.. It's not really specified which is which, but feel free to think you're saving a barfine and just paying for the room, or alternatively paying a barfine and getting a free ST room.. It's all relative.

Now, all of that said, a lot of places don't have rooms in the exact same building. Reason is, that 'a building with rooms for commercial sex' is a distinguishing characteristic of 'a brothel'. And there are more serious laws against operating a brothel as opposed to a place that just 'has a lot of female staff who can be bought out'. So even for places that used to have rooms upstairs, it's quite common to be 'the building next door' or whatever. It varies a bit how hard this is enforced at any given time and place. So this may blur the line a little between places with rooms upstairs, and 'getting an st room'. From a financial point of view however it makes no difference, you still get one easy charge, never mind that they subcontract out the accommodation bit. :)

Finally: None of the places in Nana and SC offer in-house rooms. There's rooms very nearby, obviously. (And even inside Nana Plaza there's a place I believe)

If you (for some reason) want to avoid a bar fine then you're looking at freelancer places, disco's, the streets, noodle carts on the sidewalk, etc, etc.

Or the good old : "here's my phone number, call me at 2. " Obviously. :)

WLL is commenting on BKK. In pattaya things work differently often. Some Gogo, such as Nevada in 13/2, the gogo opposite it (Far east?), Tahitian Queen and several others do have ST rooms. Nearly all the bars in Soi 6 have ST rooms. Most will charge 300 BT ST including room. then you negotiate yourself with the lady in question.

In the past, some SC had rooms, some included the cost of the room in the BF. Midnite used to, at least until the Arab took over. SW used to, but I think with separate entrance. BarWithNoName still has them I think.

I liked the idea of BF with room included. Saves at least another 300 bt (SC)

Some bars have upstairs areas that are either private party room or unused customer space. Went to a bar on Soi 23, just before Cowboy, and took 2 girls upstairs to an unused area with a pool table and bar. Had to pay barfines, but no ST room. Was great fun. Barstools and pool tables can be great. :hubba:

TH

Archived