Advice: Pattaya or Cuba

Night_Rider

you;re shitting me? 25,000 dollar fine for going to cuba??? Who has the right to tell YOU which country to visit, or not visit?

That's bad.

"In all the years of the travel restrictions, up until the Bush 2 administration, very few people had been prosecuted. The Office of Foreign Assets Control in the Treasury Department said in 1999 that there have been only 16 criminal prosecutions for nine violations since 1983. Since 2001, the number has gone up, and prosecutions are much more numerous, with hefty fines imposed of $6,000 to $10,000. The penalties on record are stiff: $250,000 fine and up to 10 years in the pen, but until fairly recently fines have been minimal. Traveler, beware! The situation has gotten to the point where people are getting together to create a legal defense organization to defend the right to travel.

"

"Once in Cuba, be aware that some Cubans are eager to hustle you and that this can be severely punished - prostitution can get the woman 5 years in jail and, under the new laws, 20 years or more for the pimp. Informal street vending can be punished by fines and jail time. Ordinary Cubans walking the streets with foreigners are automatically subject to a check on ID papers to the point where many Cubans refuse to walk with foreigners as they could be fined if their papers are not in order. This is even more the case for black cubans, who will be singled out when white cubans are let by.

In general, Cuban police lean over backwards not to molest tourists since Cuba is so dependent on tourism for income and since Cubans are basically very polite people and hospitable to strangers."

Link

What do you think?

If I was in the US and had to choose an enthralling, exotic, humanely priced and relatively close GFE destination, I'd undoubtedly choose Colombia.

Not Medellin, Cartagena or Cali, that are invaded by gringo Dickie Do mongers, but untapped cities like Bucaramanga, Pereira, Manizales, Baranquilla, ect.

Be careful though, once you've been Latina, there's great chances that you'll never go back Isaan again.

..I think it is considered a violation of the "trading with the enemy act." Now correct me if I am wrong here' date=' but we were never actually at war with Castro and Cuba...? We were at war with Japan, Germany, Vietnam etc and I/we can all go there no problem right? Ah so why the problems with Cuba? The U.S. policy towards Cuba just makes no sense at all. [/quote']

Actually, the regulations are promulgated under the Foregein Assets Control Act, and administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. This type of commerce embargo has been used for over 200 years. A lot of debate about travel and commerce with respect to Cuba has taken place over the decades, with those for and against each making valid points. I personally have no desire to visit Cuba, but not really against anybody going there who wants to. I think our "wanker in chief" has lifted the ban on wannabe travellers who still have family in Cuba. Even within the Florida Cuban community, there seems to be a division of opinion as to whether or not control on travel, commerce, money transfers should be kept in placed, relaxed, or abolished.

As for punting or establishing a GFE, from what I've read over the years on other boards, the opportunities are not nearly as plentiful as other countries we all know about; I don't know, but suspect that the Cuban whores' ability to speak English is substantially below that of the average Thai bar girl; Finally, prostitution seems to be much more closely monitored/policed (and, I suspect particularly so) if the customer is a foreigner. I'd much rather spend the extra hours to travel to the LOS and convert my greenbacks into baht.

HH

Castro won, we need to face that. Many on all sides have called for full relations with Cuba. Liberals for their usual kumby-ya reasons and conservatives because they believe opening relations would lead to capitalism and a fall of the regime. What ever the reason, our policy on Cuba is just plain stupid.

Have been to both places and both are good in their own ways. I am a British citizen so I do not have any immigration problems and you need to sort them out. If you are just going for pussy and clubs with lots of girls, then stick to Pattaya. If you want a real experience then go to Cuba. I am certainly not anti-American but its a real change to find a place that is not full of McDonalds, BurgerKing, Taco bell etc. None of these YET in Cuba but I think as soon as the US allows its citizens to fly there easily, then Cuba will change forever and become another mass tourism destination. There are plenty of girls around in Cuba but not usually allowed in your hotel without a hefty tip to the doorman. It is also dangerous for the girls as they can face imprisonment for prostitution. Having said that, you wont have too many difficulties finding girls. My other bit of advice will be that if you confine yourself to beach resorts, you will not see the real Cuba. The beach resorts have been sanitised for tourists to show Cuba off in its best light. Unless you work in the resort, ordinary Cubans are not allowed near the place. I speak some Spanish and that was a great advantage as I managed to link up with a nurse in Havana who took care of my every possible need! They are a very poor people but I found them friendly and helpful. Always remember however that because of their poverty they are always looking for a tip of a dollar or a few Euros. Crime is virtually non existent but dont expect gourmet cuisine. Pattaya is unlikely to change but Cuba will, so grab it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Night, I was on Thailovelinks.com for the last 3 months.

Its a gold mine.

Get MSN messenger, and a webcam.

Most of the girls on thailovelinks have both.

You cannot lose on this site.

I had more than 350 interests in this time.

Just filter out what you dont want.

Its a lot of fun and I recommend it.

..I think it is considered a violation of the "trading with the enemy act." Now correct me if I am wrong here' date=' but we were never actually at war with Castro and Cuba...? We were at war with Japan, Germany, Vietnam etc and I/we can all go there no problem right? Ah so why the problems with Cuba? The U.S. policy towards Cuba just makes no sense at all. [/quote']

Actually, the regulations are promulgated under the Foregein Assets Control Act, and administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. This type of commerce embargo has been used for over 200 years. A lot of debate about travel and commerce with respect to Cuba has taken place over the decades, with those for and against each making valid points. I personally have no desire to visit Cuba, but not really against anybody going there who wants to. I think our "wanker in chief" has lifted the ban on wannabe travellers who still have family in Cuba. Even within the Florida Cuban community, there seems to be a division of opinion as to whether or not control on travel, commerce, money transfers should be kept in placed, relaxed, or abolished.

As for punting or establishing a GFE, from what I've read over the years on other boards, the opportunities are not nearly as plentiful as other countries we all know about; I don't know, but suspect that the Cuban whores' ability to speak English is substantially below that of the average Thai bar girl; Finally, prostitution seems to be much more closely monitored/policed (and, I suspect particularly so) if the customer is a foreigner. I'd much rather spend the extra hours to travel to the LOS and convert my greenbacks into baht.

HH

The original poster stated he wanted to experience the communist and their country before it changes. This was what experience I wanted too when I went a few years ago. Meet a Cuban on an adult sex site before leaving and she met me at the airport. Nothing special about her and certainly not a player, just a nice person.

Visitors to Cuba are not allowed to stay in private homes unless that home has been registered with Fidel. So she stayed at my place for 3 weeks (also illegal.) Great sex. She was a bit fat although her Latino part made up.

Later I sent her money to fix up her "home." Then later had to send her more to pay off the local official(s) who showed up demanding to see her official receipts for the construction materials.Neighbor finked her out. No one can afford to actually pay the going rate so locals just steal whatever they can and later sell into the black market to buyers with real dollars. So when Fidel's mates show up asking questions you better have a good explanation or in her case money.

I enjoyed it and like to return. Definitely have a much better time and more so since I took a few Spanish lessons since returning.

I greatly encourage you to visit. Take everyday items with you for gifts. Fuck the people at customs who may want to take a small cut. As I was leaving the customs hall 2 customs guards tried to block my way by shouldering themselves together. I was wearing a large backpack and as I approached they squared their shoulders together. Behind them I could see my new Cuban friend waiting for me. I simply turned sideways to squeeze thru and they pulled apart at the last sec.

Shit.

• 1 month later...

Archived